Fire Damages 3 Lawrence Co. Townhouses
NESHANNOCK TWP. (KDKA) – Three townhouses were damaged after a fire broke out in Lawrence County Wednesday night.
According to officials at the scene, the fire started around 11:30 p.m. at the Meadows Apartment Complex in Neshannock Township.
The fire started in a center unit, which became fully engulfed in flames. When firefighters arrived, flames were shooting out of the roof and windows.
“It seems like it was an accident at the moment. We talked to the occupant of the building and it looks like a cigarette was left in the waste can and he went out of the room, came back in a little later and the place was ablaze,” Neshannock Township Fire Chief John DiCola said.
Firefighters were able to quickly contain the flames to that one unit. However, two adjacent units suffered water and smoke damage.
There are no reported injuries.
Stay With KDKA.com For More Details