Market District Recipe: Greek Shrimp Pasta Salad
If you’re looking for some meal ideas for an upcoming graduation party, be sure to try out this recipe from the Giant Eagle Market District!
Greek Shrimp Pasta Salad
Compliments of our Market District Chef Benjamin D’Amico
Makes: 10 lbs Prep Time: 30 min. Cooking Time: N/A
- 2-14 oz box Cavatappi Pasta
- 2 lbs Shrimp, small, cooked, tails removed
- 1 cup Feta Cheese
- 1 each Cucumber, diced
- 1 ½ cups Kalamata Olives, halved
- 2 pints Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 1 large Eggplant, sliced, grilled, chilled, then cubed
- 3 cups Baby Spinach
- 1 bottle Nature’s Basket Robusto Cheese Italian Dressing
- 1 cup Asiago Cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup Scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp Mint, fresh, minced
- 2 tbsp Oregano, fresh, minced
Shrimp Marinade (optional)
- 2 tbsp Garlic, fresh, minced
- 2 tbsp Scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Asiago Cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup Lemon Juice
- ½ cup Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Mint, fresh, minced
- 1 tbsp Oregano, fresh, minced
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
1. Optional first step: for more intense flavor marinade the shrimp in the mixture of oil, lemon, cheese, and spices. Marinade shrimp for up to 4 hours, then poured directly into the pasta when ready.
2. Cook pasta. Once pasta is “al dente” drain water and place pasta into an ice water bath to shock the pasta. Drain and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine pasta, vegetables (except spinach), cheeses, herbs, and dressing.
4. Toss lightly until all pasta is coated in dressing.
5. Add in the baby spinach and toss again lightly.
6. Garnish with thinly sliced scallions and feta cheese.