KayaFest is coming up and Chef Bill Fuller stopped by to show off a delicious recipe that will be featured at the event!
KayaFest Pulled Chicken Tacos Mai Tai Cocktails
- Pulled Chicken Thigh in Green Sauce
- Pico di Gallo
- Sliced Cabbage
- Pile of warm tortillas
- Cotija cheese
- Avocado, sliced
- Lime wedges
1. Prepare Pulled Chicken Thigh in Green Sauce.
2. Place chicken in tortillas with cabbage, cotija, avocado and Pico di Gallo.
3. Squeeze some lime and eat!
Pulled Chicken Thigh in Green Sauce
- 4-6 ea. Chicken thighs, bone-in
- 1 Tbs. Thyme
- Salt and pepper
- Approximately 2 C. chicken stock
1. Season both sides of thigh with salt, pepper, and chopped fresh thyme. Lay skin side up in shallow baking pan.
2. Place in 450 oven and cook until skin is lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Add enough stock to nearly cover thigh and return to oven. Reduce temperature to 275 and cook until very tender, at least half an hour. (If stock nearly reduces dry, replenish with a little water or stock. When done, leg should beglazed by the stock and meat tender.)
3. Allow to cool until able to handle. Remove thighs from braising liquid.
4. Pull meat from bones. Discard bones and veins.
5. Cover with Green Sauce until slightly moist.
6. Adjust seasonings.
- 2 Lb Peeled, washed tomatillos
- 1 ea. Whole jalapenos, de-stemmed and de-seeded
- 2 ea. Large mild green chilis (mild Anaheims)
- 1 C Rough chopped white onion
- 8 ea. Whole garlic cloves
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ C. Chopped Cilantro
1. Clean tomatillos by immersing in cold water and removing skins
2. Place tomatillos in a wide, shallow baking dish with jalapenos, chilis, onion, and whole garlic cloves.
3. Roast in a pre-heated 450° oven for about 20 minutes until soft and browned. (Can also be roasted in a pan over a hot grill with the lid on.)
4. Pass through a food mill on the medium mesh blade.
5. Add chopped cilantro to strained sauce and combine thoroughly. Bring to a simmer.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Pico di Gallo
- 1 C. Diced ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ C Cilantro, Chopped
- 1. Combine all ingredients
Makes 1 cocktail
- 1 ½ oz DonQ Anejo
- ½ oz DonQ Gran Anejo Rum
- ¾ oz Fresh lime juice
- ½ oz Combier liquer
- 1/4 oz Orgeat syrup
- ¼ oz Simple syrup
- 1. Combine all ingredient in an ice-sfilled haker.
- 2. Shake well.
- 3. Strain into an iced cocktail glass.
- 4. Garnish with mint leaf.