Man Blames Cat After Home Fills Up With Natural Gas

NORTH SIDE (KDKA) – Emergency crews were called to the North Side Monday morning after a home filled up with natural gas.

The gas was left on in the downstairs apartment of a home in the 4000-block of Vinceton Street.

The family living in the upstairs apartment called 911 after they smelled the gas.

This is not the first time the gas has been left on in this building and a cat might be to blame.

“It was only a couple months ago I came home from work and the burner on my stove was on. He runs out of food because he’s a little piggy and he hops up on the fridge. When he jumps up, he has to hit the stove, he hits the burner and it’s on,” Patrick Bookout said.

Bookout says he wasn’t surprised to hear about the smell of gas in the building, since it wasn’t the first time his mischievous cat had turned a burner on.

“The first time, I just came home and yelled at him and turned it off,” he said. “I don’t know why I never thought to take the handles off the burners.”

However, Bookout says he plans to do that from now on.

No one was hurt and arson investigators are still looking into the matter.

Stay With For More Details


More Local News
More North Side News
More Reports From Lynne Hayes-Freeland
Join The Conversation, Like KDKA On Facebook
Follow KDKA On Twitter

More from Lynne Hayes-Freeland
  • Man Blames Cat After Home Fills Up With Natural Gas – CBS LocalThe Natural Health Hub News UK | The Natural Health Hub News UK

    […] CBS Local […]

  • Man Blames Cat After Home Fills Up With Natural Gas – CBS LocalNatural Health Business News UK | Natural Health Business News UK

    […] CBS Local […]

blog comments powered by Disqus
Bringing You The Best in Sports Talk Radio
Download And Win Today!

Listen Live