ELLWOOD CITY (KDKA) – Residents of an apartment building in Lawrence County were forced from their homes because of a fire early Sunday morning.
According to officials at the scene, the fire started in a second floor apartment in the 200-block of Fifth Street above Ralph’s Barber Shop.
Firefighters were quickly able to bring the fire under control and everyone was able to get out safely.
Ellwood City Fire Chief Rick Myers said the cause of the fire appears to be electrical in nature. Firefighters were also called to the scene earlier in the day due to a smoke smell, but found nothing.
No other details have been released.