If you’re looking for some delicious recipes, but don’t want to ruin your diet, Weight Watchers has you covered!
Linguine with White Bean Puttanesca
- 6 ounces of whole wheat linguine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 12 pimiento-stuffed olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, chopped
- 1 (15.5 ounce) can small white beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1) Cook linguine according to package directions, omitting salt if desired; drain and place in large serving bowl.
2) Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, oregano and crushed red pepper flakes; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion softens, 2-3 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, olives, and capers; simmer, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, 6-7 minutes. Add beans and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
3) Pour beans and sauce over linguine, sprinkle with parsley and serve at once.
Mixed Melon with Honeyed Ricotta
- 2 cups fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 cups cubed cantaloupe
- 4 cups cubed honeydew
- 4 cups cubed watermelon
- ¼ cup toasted wheat germ
1) Stir together ricotta, honey, vanilla, and nutmeg in medium bowl. Toss together cantaloupe, honeydew, and watermelon in large bowl; divide evenly among 4 dessert dishes.
2) Spoon ricotta mixture evenly over fruit and sprinkle evenly with wheat germ.