Chef Bill Fuller stopped by Pittsburgh Today Live on Thursday to show off another delicious recipe!
Grilled Chicken Caprese
- ¼ C. Extra virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 2-4 cloves Garlic, sliced
- 6-8 ea. Fresh basil leaves
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp Ground Black pepper
- 4 ea. Chicken breasts (about 8 oz. Ea.)
- 4 ea. Slices of ripe tomato, at least ½” thick
- Olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 ball Burrata, allowed to come to room temperature
- 6-8 ea leaves basil
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Nice extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
1. Combine olive oil, lemon, garlic, basil, 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper. Whisk together to make a marinade.
2. Rub marinade over chicken. This should be done at least an hour ahead but can be done the day before.
3. When read to cook, preheat grill.
4. Remove chicken from refrigerator and allow to come to room temperature.
5. Lightly oil tomato slices. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Grill chicken breast. Cook approximately 10 minutes, depending on thickness.
7. When chicken is almost done, quickly grill the thick tomato slices.
8. When chicken and tomatoes are done, place chicken breasts on 4 plates. Top each with a slice of tomato.
9. Quarter burrata, making every attempt to keep the delicious center in the quarter.
10. Place a burrata quarter atop each tomato slice.
11. Season burrata with salt and pepper. Drizzle plates with extra virgin olive oil and aged balsamic vinegar.