House Destroyed by Fire in Armstrong County

MANOR TOWNSHIP (KDKA)- A dryer fire kept spreading through an Armstrong County home early Wednesday morning.

The fire started around 2:00 a.m. at a home on Guthrie Road in Manor Township.

Manor Township Fire Chief Chad Evans says the homeowner said she put some clothes in the dryer on Tuesday night. When she woke up around 2:00 a.m., she smelled smoke.

The woman and her granddaughter were able to make it out of the home safely.

“It’s very rural, we only have one hydrant back in this area,” said Chief Evans. “We’re dealing with really low water pressure, so water was definitely an issue.”

The chief says eight fire departments helped at the scene.

The fire has been deemed accidental. The house is a total loss.

The two women are being put up in a local hotel by the American Red Cross.

More From CBS Pittsburgh

Get The All New CBS Local App
KDKA Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE