BEAVER FALLS (KDKA) — A man was flown to the hospital after being severely burned while fighting a fire at his business in Beaver Falls.
Emergency dispatchers say the flames broke out around 10:30 a.m. in the 200-block of Glendale Road at Pete Brown’s Auto Repair.
Pete Brown was battling the flames with a fire extinguisher when the fire in the ceiling fell on top of him. He was taken to the West Penn Burn Center with 2nd and 3rd degree burns.
Three employees were able to escape safely.
Two vehicles were in the shop at the time of the fire. One was totally destroyed and a pickup truck had some fire damage to the hood and roof.
Workers told investigators they heard some popping by the circuit breaker box before the fire broke out.
This is a developing story, stay with KDKA and KDKA.com for more information.