Chef Bill Fuller stopped by PTL to show off a delicious recipe that is easy and quick to make!
Quick, Healthy Dinner Quesadilla
- 1 each 10” Whole Wheat tortilla
- 2-3 oz. Monterrey Jack Cheese, (or other cheese) shredded
- 4 oz. Protein – Grilled chicken, leftover steak, burgers, ofu
- 1 C. Vegetables, raw or cooked, mixed or matched
- Lettuce if you’d like
- Your favorite Salsa
- Sour Cream
1. Heat cast iron griddle over medium heat.
2. Prepare the protein. Slice, reheat, and get ready.
3. Warm vegetables if necessary.
4. Place tortilla on a griddle. Spread cheese on both halves.
5. Spread protein and vegetables across one side of the tortilla.
6. Fold other half over.
7. Make sure it is browned on both sides. When done, remove to the cutting board. Cut into thirds.
8. Shingle quesadilla on plate
Pico di Gallo
- 1 C. Diced ripe Roma tomatoes
- 1-2 cloves Garlic, chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbs. Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ C Cilantro, Chopped
1. Combine all ingredients
- 3 ea. Avocados
- Juice of 2-3 limes
- 1 ea. Large clove garlic grated on a microplane grater
- ¼ C. Chopped Cilantro
- 1-2 ea. Diced ripe tomatoes
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Peel, seed, and dice avocados
2) Add everything else. Adjust seasonings.