Try out this recipe at your next tailgating party!
This week on “Steelers Late Night,” we’re cooking up Waffle-Style Bratwurst Sandwich!
STEELERS LATE NIGHT “Late Night Tailgating Recipes”: Waffle-Style Bratwurst Sandwich with Cheesy Breakfast Potatoes
COOKING TIME: 30-40 minutes
SERVING SIZE: 4 people
- 1 pound bratwurst
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 stick salted butter
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 4 Belgian-style waffles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 pound shredded potatoes
- 4 oz. maple syrup
- Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Set oven to convection roast. Add bratwurst to oiled sheet tray. Roast for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
2. Fry potatoes and season with salt & pepper. Brown on each side. Add cheese.
3. In a sauté pan, add butter, sugar and maple syrup. Bring to a boil, then set aside.
4. To assemble sandwiches, cut waffles in half and coat bratwurst in maple syrup glaze. Slice bratwurst and place on the bottom halves of the waffles.
5. Top each sandwich with cheesy potatoes. Add the top halves of the waffles and serve.
For more information, visit: http://www.donsappliances.com/
Don’t forget to tune into “Steelers Late Night” each Saturday after the 11 p.m. News on KDKA-TV for more recipes!