Sheetz Employee Performs CPR On Overdose Victim Until Paramedics Arrive

BUTLER, Pa. (KDKA) — An employee at a Sheetz in Butler County is being credited with helping a woman who overdosed inside the business this morning.

The incident happened at the store on Pittsburgh Road, near a gas pump.

Officials say the employee gave the woman CPR until the paramedics arrived on the scene.

Once on scene, the medics gave the woman Narcan to save her life.

“Helped a lot in the meantime, while she was down, til the ambulance got there…it may have saved her life,” said Butler Township Police Chief John Hays.

A spokesman from the Sheetz Corporate Headquarters praised the employee saying it’s another example how thousands of their employees will do anything to help a customer. It verifies they’ve bought into the company motto of total customer focus.

Meanwhile Butler County authorities say heroin overdoses are sky rocking out of control with more and more happening in public places.

There’s no word on the woman’s current condition.

Stay with KDKA for Bob Allen’s full report on this story.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

More from Bob Allen
Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Pittsburgh

Bringing You The Best in Sports Talk Radio
New Podcast Network
Learn How

Listen Live