KISKI TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — A home in Kiski Township was destroyed by flames on Saturday.

It happened around 3:30 p.m. on Gartley Street.

Officials say someone in the house put grease on the stove and forgot about it.

Witnesses were stunned by the huge cloud of smoke billowing from the house.

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter

“I came outside and there was just smoke everywhere. I could barely see the house, there was so much smoke,” one neighbor said.

The blaze reached four alarms.

The four people living inside the home were able to make it out safely.

More From CBS Pittsburgh

Get The All New CBS Local App
KDKA Weather App

Watch & Listen LIVE