ETNA (KDKA) — Three people have been displaced and an engaged couple lost all of their possessions after a fire at an Etna duplex Sunday.
The fire started at a 2-story wood-frame duplex in the 100-block of High Street around 4:45 p.m. It grew to a 2-alarm fire around 5:30 p.m.
Crews had extinguished the fire by 6:30 p.m.
Neighbors told KDKA’s Bob Allen the home’s occupants were possibly grilling on the front porch when the fire broke out, but the cause of the fire has not been confirmed by officials. The residents got out safely, but they believe one of their pets, a cat, may have died in the fire.
Beverly Hosek says her daughter and her fiancé, who lived on one side of the duplex, lost all of their possessions.
A car parked in front of the house was also damaged.
One firefighter suffered an ankle injury and another was treated for heat exhaustion.
A GoFundMe page has been set up to help Beverly Hosek’s daughter and her fiancé: GoFundMe.com/danielle-and-jays-rebuilding-fund