FINDLAY TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — Fire damaged a home in Findlay Township early Thursday morning.
It started around 3:30 a.m. at a home along Cliff Mine Road.
Firefighters say the fire started in the kitchen and spread to the back porch of the home in the 3100 block.
The home didn’t have working smoke detectors but someone driving by spotted the flames and stopped to knock on the door, waking up the family.
Two adults and a young child were able to get out safely.
No firefighters were injured either.
The fire marshal is investigating just what sparked the fire.