Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

WILKES-BARRE, Pa. (AP) – A fire authorities say was deliberately set has claimed the life of a third child in Pennsylvania.

State police said 8-year-old Ezekiel Major died Saturday at Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, where he was taken after Wednesday night’s fire in Laflin.

The Luzerne County coroner’s office earlier said 12-year-old Devon Major and 16-year-old Erik Dupree died of carbon monoxide poisoning from smoke inhalation.

The district attorney’s office said earlier that the fire was arson. Police said a man identified as a person of interest was taken into custody on an existing arrest warrant. No charges have been filed in connection with the fire.

Prosecutors said one child reported that a man not permitted on the property was on the back porch, and a second 911 call later reported the fire.

(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

More From CBS Pittsburgh

Get The All New CBS Local App
KDKA Weather App
CBS All Access

Watch & Listen LIVE