Follow KDKA-TV: Facebook | Twitter

FRANKLIN TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) – Authorities say a woman suffered serious burns in a bonfire mishap on Thanksgiving Day.

Franklin Township police say Taylor Lanthier was at a home when she poured gasoline on a bonfire around 3 a.m. Thursday. The flames traveled up into the can, causing it to explode.

The 28-year-old Lindenwold resident was taken to the burn treatment center at Crozer-Chester Medical Center in Upland, Pennsylvania. She remained hospitalized Sunday.

Family members say Lanthier is in an induced coma and on a ventilator. She will soon undergo surgery to perform skin grafts,

No other injuries were reported in the accident.

(Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

More From CBS Pittsburgh

Get The All New CBS Local App
KDKA Weather App
CBS All Access

Watch & Listen LIVE