Latest Pittsburgh 9/11 Remembered
Ceremonies in Washington DC, New York City and Shanksville commemorate the events of 9-11, but the Coast Guard wanted to give the people of Pittsburgh an opportunity to reflect some twelve-years later.
Pittsburghers are remembering the 9/11 anniversary in their own ways.
The Flight 93 National Memorial plans to honor victims of the Sept. 11 attacks with a bell-ringing ceremony at the time when United Flight 93 crashed in a western Pennsylvania field, killing 40 passengers and crew.
Ground was broken Tuesday for the next phase of the Flight 93 National Memorial, a visitors’ center covering nearly 7,000 square feet.
Many people across the United States are using the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks as a day to give back to local men and women in uniform.
- Ceremony Honors Flight 93 Victims 09/11/2012
- NYC 9/11 Survivor Tells Inspirational Story NewsRadio 1020 KDKA–09/11/2012
- Details For Flight 93 Memorial Services NewsRadio 1020 KDKA–09/10/2012
- WTC Column Unveiled At 9/11 Memorial In Moon Twp. 09/11/2011
- Flight 93 Heroes Honored In Shanksville On 10th Anniversary Of 9/11 09/11/2011
- Victims Of 9/11 Remembered At Luminary Service In Shanksville 09/10/2011
- Thousands Attend Flight 93 Memorial Dedication In Shanksville 09/10/2011
- Flight 93 Memorial Dedication Speeches 09/10/2011
- Homeland Security Official Talks About Ground Zero Response 09/10/2011