Latest Autos News
- People Who Walk Downtown Frightened By Deadly Cab Accident Accident investigators are still trying to piece together what happened at the corner of 6th and Liberty Avenue around 8 p.m. Friday night.
- Grandmother Charged With DUI After Crashing Car, Injuring Boy A local grandmother is charged with driving drunk with her grandson in the car.
- New App Brings A Snow Plow To Your Driveway In Minutes Sean Smith has plenty of salt, shovels, and a snow plow, but without snow, business has been a slow this winter.
- Emergency Medicine Doctor Says Self-Driving Ambulances Could Soon Be Reality Uber is testing self-driving cars in Pittsburgh. But cars are one thing. What about self-driving ambulances?
- Takata Pleads Guilty To Fraud In Air Bag Scandal Japanese auto parts maker Takata Corp. pleaded guilty to fraud Monday and agreed to pay $1 billion in penalties for concealing an air bag defect blamed for at least 16 deaths, most of them in the U.S.
- Pa. Senator Wants To Lift Law Banning Sunday Automobile Sales Once upon a time, “blue laws” in Pennsylvania prohibited merchandise from being sold on Sunday.
- Police: Man Crashed Into Two Cars, Assaulted Girlfriend In Jefferson Hills A man is accused of driving under the influence and assaulting his girlfriend in Jefferson Hills.
- Mayor ‘Ecstatic,’ Says Ford’s Investment Will Bring Jobs To Western Pa. A billion dollars. That's the investment Ford Motor Company is making in a Pittsburgh company to develop a system for self-driving cars.
- Ford Invests $1 Billion In Pittsburgh Robotics Startup In Driverless Car Quest Ford Motor will spend $1 billion to take over a robotics startup to acquire more of the expertise needed to reach its ambitious goal of having a fully driverless vehicle on the road by 2021.
- Westmoreland County Digging Out After Year's Biggest Snowstorm It was a long night for snow and plow crews across western Pennsylvania, as snow blanketed interstates, highways and side streets.