Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Highmark To Open Sleep Apnea Supplies Store Most people who are diagnosed with sleep apnea have to re-order their supplies through the mail. However, Highmark is opening a new, first-of-its kind store in our area to make replacing supplies easier and more convenient.
- Over 100 In Pennsylvania Being Watched For Ebola Pennsylvania health officials say three Pennsylvanians continue to show no signs of Ebola, after taking an Oct. 13 flight from Cleveland to Dallas with a nurse who later tested positive for the virus.
- New Cancer Treatments Giving Hope To Patients Mark Taylor was only 38 years old when he was diagnosed with cancer.
- Lyme Disease On The Upswing In Western Pa. Lyme Disease in Western Pennsylvania is booming.
- New York City Officials: Doctor Tests Positive For Ebola A Doctors Without Borders physician who recently returned to the city after treating Ebola patients in West Africa has tested positive for the virus, according to preliminary test results, city officials said Thursday.
- Thousands Will Die From Flu This Year, Doctors Predict Although concerns are mounting across the nation of Ebola exposure, doctors fear the focus could be diverting attention from another potential threat: the flu.
- Earnhardt Jr. Helps UPMC Raise Concussion Awareness The Sports Medicine Concussion Program at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center has teamed with NASCAR driver Dale Earnhardt Jr. and catcher David Ross to raise awareness on concussion treatments.
- Yogurt Could Be The Solution To Clearing Up Acne The solution to clearing up acne may not be in your medicine cabinet, but rather in your refrigerator.
- Rep. Murphy, Sen. Casey Discuss Handling Of Ebola Crisis As concerns over Ebola continue to spread, Pennsylvania lawmakers are weighing in on how the virus is being handled.
- Allegheny Co. Health Officials Make Preparations For Possible Ebola Cases The message was clear, there have been no local cases of Ebola, but those on the front lines are ready if needed.
- Officials Warn Of Food Fraud, Say Labels Not Always Truthful Eating healthy these days takes work.
- Politicians, Doctors Team Up To Prepare For Ebola As the nation grapples with Ebola, Sen. Bob Casey teamed up with doctors and specialists from UPMC Presbyterian Hospital Friday morning to discuss how prepared we are.
- 3 Pennsylvanians Being Monitored In Ebola Probe Gov. Tom Corbett says three Pennsylvanians who were on a flight from Cleveland to Dallas with a nurse who tested positive for Ebola are being monitored in Texas and haven't been back home since the Monday trip.
- Ebola Is Hot Topic At Pittsburgh International, But Travelers Not Too Concerned Everybody's talking about it. Ebola. The question at Pittsburgh International Airport is, "Is it safe to fly? Can I get Ebola on an airplane?"
- 1st Dallas Nurse With Ebola Speaks Out Before Heading To Maryland DALLAS (KDKA/AP) - The first Dallas nurse to have contracted Ebola after treating an infected Liberian man was transferred Thursday from a Dallas hospital to a specialized medical facility in Maryland. The National Institutes of Health said in a...