Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Lawsuit Accuses CVS Of Overcharging For Generic Drugs Pharmacy giant CVS is allegedly bilking customers with a deceptive pricing scheme affecting more than 400 generic drugs, claims a Washington, DC-based law firm seeking class action status to recover the cash.
- New Shot Could Drastically Reduce Number Of Annual Psoriasis Treatments The problem with most skin treatments is they just don't last. Now, a new breakthrough could change that, but it'll cost you.
- Local Woman Giving Her Dad A Life-Saving Gift A local woman is giving her dad a late Father's Day gift. It won't be wrapped in fancy paper with a bow, but it will save his life.
- Infection Rates At Hospitals Require Patient & Family Intervention Consumer Reports found that while some hospitals have been successful at cutting their infection rates, many have not.
- Psychologist Shares Insights About Parenting & "Trophy Kids" Most parents want their children to succeed, but some parents take it too far when it comes to sports.
- City Spraying Pesticide In West End After Mosquitoes Test Positive For West Nile With the news that samples of mosquitoes from Pittsburgh’s West End tested positive for West Nile Virus, local health officials have taken action.
- Mosquitoes Carrying West Nile Virus Found In Pittsburgh The Allegheny County Health Department has announced it will spray pesticide in Pittsburgh's West End after Mosquitos tested positive for West Nile Virus.
- Energy Drinks May Lead To Heart Problems Young people are facing a life-threatening problem - all because of a drink that's completely legal.
- Local Diner Owner Says Cancer Diagnosis Showed Him How To Live What does it take to change your life? To really change it. To get you to quit dreaming about doing what you really want to do - and start doing it?
- Local Woman's Battle With Cancer Inspires Unique Non-Profit We only get so much time to live our lives. Some, more than others. But we all know there's an ending out there, someday. And being reminded of that reality - being confronted with it - can do amazing things.
- Pittsburgh VA Fires 2 Who Bound Co-Worker With Duct Tape The Veterans Affairs Pittsburgh Healthcare System has fired two workers and disciplined five others after a worker complained that he was harassed and bound with duct tape.
- Struggling Ambulance Services Want Help From Harrisburg Emily Wheeler of Valley Ambulance Service is a paramedic in perpetual motion, rushing to as many as a dozen calls a day.
- Researchers Make New Developments In Fight Against Alzheimer’s Disease Alzheimer's is a progressive disease that affects millions of Americans, and while there is no cure, new research is happening every day.
- Local Girl Recalls Meeting President Obama At Kids’ State Dinner At Phipps Conservatory, the sweet smell of success isn't limited to flowers.
- Study Looks At Keys To Weight Loss As Women Age A new study looked at the key to faster, more efficient weight-loss for women. As it turns out, it’s harder to get rid of fat as you age.