Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- VA Patient Tests Positive For Legionella A VA Hospital patient tested positive for Legionella.
- Officials Urge Caution After Ligonier Valley Students Contract MRSA Officials in the Ligonier Valley School District are warning parents after several students acquired MRSA.
- Cancer Researcher Stumbles Upon Concussion Treatment London Glenn, 13, had the football.
- Local Hospital Already Seeing Influenza Patients At least six cases of influenza have been confirmed in the Pittsburgh region.
- Wexford’s New Medical Mall Is Latest Innovation In Health Care For an area known for strip malls, the new kid on the block is a medical mall.
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Waiting On Testing Of Possible EV-D68 Cases Two area schools notified parents Thursday they had students with confirmed cases of Enterovirus D68, or EV68.
- Symptoms Of Ovarian Cancer “Vague, Subtle” Doris Haropulos is fighting for her life. The 79-year-old was diagnosed with late stage ovarian cancer last year after months of feeling bloated and nauseous.
- New Device Breathing Optimism Into Future Of Medical Testing A new generation of diagnostic tools may soon be able to sniff out all sorts of diseases using your breath, including various cancers, liver disease, kidney failure, diabetes, asthma and tuberculosis.
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept.: No Confirmed EV-D68 Cases In Southwestern Pa. The Allegheny County Health Department is reporting that there are no confirmed cases of Enterovirus D68 in the southwestern Pennsylvania area despite reports earlier from two school districts.
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?