Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Ebola Primer: How It Works And How It Spreads Ebola is a rare viral illness -- and now the CDC has diagnosed a case in the United States.
- Local Man's Wait For Heart Transplant Continues A 51-year-old man we've been following as he waits for a heart transplant still has not gotten the call yet.
- VA Patient Tests Positive For Legionella A VA Hospital patient tested positive for Legionella.
- Officials Urge Caution After Ligonier Valley Students Contract MRSA Officials in the Ligonier Valley School District are warning parents after several students acquired MRSA.
- Cancer Researcher Stumbles Upon Concussion Treatment London Glenn, 13, had the football.
- Local Hospital Already Seeing Influenza Patients At least six cases of influenza have been confirmed in the Pittsburgh region.
- Wexford’s New Medical Mall Is Latest Innovation In Health Care For an area known for strip malls, the new kid on the block is a medical mall.
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Waiting On Testing Of Possible EV-D68 Cases Two area schools notified parents Thursday they had students with confirmed cases of Enterovirus D68, or EV68.
- Symptoms Of Ovarian Cancer “Vague, Subtle” Doris Haropulos is fighting for her life. The 79-year-old was diagnosed with late stage ovarian cancer last year after months of feeling bloated and nauseous.
- New Device Breathing Optimism Into Future Of Medical Testing A new generation of diagnostic tools may soon be able to sniff out all sorts of diseases using your breath, including various cancers, liver disease, kidney failure, diabetes, asthma and tuberculosis.