Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Health Experts On Alert For Tick-Borne Disease, Powassan Virus Most people have heard of Lyme disease, an illness caused by bacteria carried by deer ticks, but they can also carry something else that can make you sick -- Powassan virus.
- Breakthrough Medical 3-D Printing Helps Save Toddler's Life A local couple says doctors at Children’s Hospital and pioneering 3-D printing medical work in Michigan, are the reasons their son is alive and getting stronger.
- FDA Approves New Double Chin Eliminating Injections The FDA just approved a new way to get rid of a double chin – and it doesn’t require surgery.
- Study Testing New Breast Cancer Treatment Wife, mother, and grandmother Carol Glock always made sure she got her yearly mammograms, which had all been fine. Her first awareness of a problem was at home.
- Gov. Wolf, AG Ask Court To Enforce UPMC, Highmark Consent Decree Gov. Tom Wolf and the state attorney general want the Commonwealth Court to force the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center and rival Highmark Inc. to honor a consent decree and force the sparring medical giants into arbitration to settle lingering...
- Woman Didn't Know She Was Pregnant, Gives Birth In Wendy's Parking Lot Some local Wendy’s employees were surprised when they found a woman had just given birth to a baby boy outside the restaurant.
- Wolf Administration To Begin Reorganizing Medicaid Plans Gov. Tom Wolf's administration plans to begin transferring more than a million adult Medicaid enrollees into a single, new benefits program that it touts as a more efficient and effective way of providing health care for the poor, disabled and...
- It's YMCA 'Healthy Kids Day' This Saturday YMCA CEO Kevin Washington sat down with CBS New York's Chris Wragge what it's all about.
- State: Lyme Disease Risk Now Present In All 67 Counties Pennsylvania officials are warning residents that there is now a danger of Lyme disease in every county in the commonwealth.
- New Weight Loss Balloon Procedure Being Tested In Western Pa. Many people who are obese and can't lose weight on their own turn to bariatric surgery. However, for people who are afraid of surgery or who think the idea is just too radical, there soon may be a new option.
- Consumer Reports: How To Save On Prescription Medication People who regularly take prescription medication spend on average more than $700 per year for drugs.
- Rita Wilson Undergoes Double Mastectomy After Breast Cancer Diagnosis Actress and singer Rita Wilson announced on Tuesday that she had a double mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer.
- Clinical Trial Underway For New Treatment Of Brain Aneurysms A new therapy is being explored that will stop potentially deadly aneurysms from bursting.
- 5 Simple Exercises That Lower Stress Looking for a way to lower stress? Try these five exercises from Dr. Tami Meraglia, author of "The Hormone Secret: Discover Effortless Weight Loss and Renewed Energy in Just 30 Days."
- Beards Are Back In Style, But Can They Be A Health Hazard? From close-cropped, to slightly fuller ones, facial hair is back in style. But, is something as innocent as a beard, also a health hazard?