Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Get Marty: Couple Needs Help Getting Cancer Drug A major shortage of a critical cancer treatment drug led a local couple the KDKA’S Get Marty.
- New Implantable Device May Help Sleep Apnea Sufferers A new device may help people that suffer from sleep apnea.
- Overactive Bladder Treatment: Nerve Stimulation Florence Mediate loves to travel, but she hasn't taken a trip since 2012.
- 3D Implants Could Reduce Knee Replacement Recovery Time Mary Cowles had a traditional knee replacement in 2001. Just a few months ago she had a different kind of implant - a 3D knee.
- Bono, Affleck Stay Silent in PSA on Ebola Response Celebrities are playing the waiting game in a new online campaign calling for a unified response to the Ebola epidemic in West Africa.
- CMU Grad Students Create New Technology To Help Those With ALS The ALS "Ice Bucket Challenge" raised more than $115 million this year. It also made people more aware of the debilitating illness.
- Dietician Separates Diet Boosters From Diet Busters Whether you're grocery shopping or eating out, choosing the best food for your diet isn't always as simple as the lowest calorie count.
- Death With Dignity Legislation Proposed In Pennsylvania Pennsylvania Democrat Senator Daylin Leach is a strong support and behind the proposed Death With Dignity Legislation. Senator Leach feels that we cannot force someone to live how we want them to, just because we don't agree with their decision.
- Toddler, Donor Remain Hospitalized After Liver Transplant For Rare Disease On Monday morning at Children's Hospital, 3-year-old Kennedy Stevenson, who has a rare, life-threatening metabolic disease, didn’t know she'd be receiving part of Michael Thompson's liver the following day.
- Good Rx Website Helps Consumers Save Big On Prescription Meds A simple conversation with her doctor ended up being a huge tip for Annie Federoff.
- VA Replaces Pittsburgh Hospital Network's Director The Department of Veterans Affairs has fired the director of the Pittsburgh VA Healthcare System a month after the department says internal investigators determine she committed unspecified "conduct unbecoming a senior executive."
- Allegheny Health Forming Home Unit With Celtic The Allegheny Health Network is teaming up with Celtic Healthcare to form a for-profit home health care company to compete with the rival University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
- How Kids Can Have Allergies, When Parents & Grandparents Do Not? Amber Lagamba's family knows allergies all too well because both of her daughters suffer. However, Amber and her husband don't have allergies and their parents don't have allergies either.
- Experts Share Tips On How To Get Rid Of Expired Medications If you look in the medicine cabinet, chances are you will find some expired medications.
- Highmark's CEO Answers Tough Questions On Access To UPMC Most Highmark subscribers will soon lose low-cost access to UPMC in a consent agreement Highmark agreed to.