Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- School Dismissal Time Could Be Dangerous For Kids If Not Paying Attention When it comes to kids having traumatic injuries, there is a time of day they're at the highest risk - school dismissal time.
- Weight Loss Camps Rising In Popularity A local woman, whose teenage son was overweight, decided she wasn't going to let him go through life that way.
- Milk A Hidden Danger In Dark Chocolate For Those With Allergies Chocolate a common source of hidden milk. And milk is a common reason for allergic reactions.
- Children's Hospital Holds Special Prom For Patients Patients at Children's Hospital had the chance to forget all about their sickness and just be kids again at an "Under the Sea" themed prom
- New Topical Cream Helps To Reduce Rosacea Symptoms If you are embarrassed by your skin, there's a new, easy treatment that could give you clearer skin immediately.
- Some Younger Women Being Blindsided By Silent Killer - Heart Disease Younger women - some as young as their 20's – are being blindsided by a silent killer.
- Coffee Crud: Harmful Bacteria Found In Coffee Makers Millions of Americans wake up each day and enjoy a cup of coffee. But, you may be getting more than just caffeine.
- Local Man Only 6th Person In W. Hemisphere To Take Part In Stem Cell Trial For Paralysis Patients A young man in our area is only the sixth person in the Western Hemisphere to be a part of a trial aimed at helping people who become paralyzed from injuries.
- Look No Further Than Your Pantry For Holistic Pain-Relievers A lot of us live with pain, from chronic conditions like arthritis or joint pain, to pain from starting a new exercise. Instead of reaching for the medicine cabinet for an aspirin, did you ever think of reaching in your kitchen cabinet?
- Personal Info Of 2,000 UPMC Patients Compromised By Vendor Employee Personal information, including names, birthdates and social security numbers for more than 2,000 UPMC patients have been compromised.
- Does Athletic Tape Work, Or Is It A Case Of Placebo Effect? If you’re an athlete, or have a nagging injury, you’ve probably seen the ads. Athletic tape – like KT Tape – claims to reduce pain and cure your aches. But does it work?
- Consumer Reports Puts Sunscreens To The Test Most dermatologists recommend using a sunscreen that delivers an SPF, or sun protection factor, of 30 of higher.
- More Couples Turning To Crowdfunding To Help Start Families Crowdfunding is trending. There's no denying that, but more and more couples are now using crowdfunding to help pay for in vitro fertilization, or IVF.
- Study Shows Mouth Exercises Could Decrease Snoring To stop snoring, could a strong tongue be the secret?
- Brain Balance Program Claims To Help Children With Learning & Behavior Problems When other things don't work, a local company claims to have the solution to learning and behavior problems for kids.