Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Enterovirus - Separating Facts From Hype There is a lot of hype and speculation surrounding the Enterovirus D68, so the KDKA Afternoon News looks to help set the record straight.
- Erie Co. Reports 2 More Confirmed Cases Of Enterovirus D68 A respiratory virus is affecting children across the country and experts say this is just the tip of the iceberg.
- Health Dept. Confirms 4 Cases Of Enterovirus D68 In Pa. Officials with the Pennsylvania Department of Health have confirmed three cases of the respiratory illness, Enterovirus 68, in the state.
- Pitt Study Giving New Hope In Fight Against Prostate Cancer Predicting how prostate cancer will progress has been much like flipping a coin. But a local discovery could change that.
- Study: Antibiotic Used To Treat Fruit Can Cause Allergic Reaction In Humans PITTSBURGH (KDKA) - Keeping pests away from fruits and vegetables can involve antibiotics and this could be dangerous for people. A case report in the "Annals of Allergy, Asthma, and Immunology," involves a 10-year-old girl who developed a severe...
- Kent Tekulve Undergoes Successful Heart Transplant Surgery Former Pittsburgh Pirates pitcher and current Root Sports analyst Kent Tekulve has undergone successful heart transplant surgery.
- Are Cell Phones Really Giving Us Cancer? Chris Moore spoke with Dr. Devra Davis about the dangers of cell phone radiation over the weekend.
- Get Marty: Many Seniors Struggling Without Stair Lifts Betty McCullough’s struggle is hard to watch. Every step on every stair is an excruciating journey through different levels of pain.
- Enterovirus D68: What Every Parent Should Know Parents should be prepared for a new virus that is infecting the Midwest and looking to sweep the nation.
- New Hormone Treatment May Reduce Damage To Brains Of Premature Babies Not getting enough oxygen or blood flow to the brain of a premature baby can have long-lasting impact on strength, intellect and behavior.