Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- 10-Year Study Finds Link Between Viagra And Melanoma We all know about the importance of sunscreen in preventing skin cancer.
- Summertime Sad: A Real Disorder Affecting Individuals When it comes to winter versus summer, which do you like better?
- New Sinus Surgery Provides Relief, Quick Recovery Chronic sinusitis is one of the most common reasons people head to the doctor.
- Health Department Issues Warning As Lyme Disease Cases Double The Allegheny County Health Department announced the number of Lyme Disease cases has nearly doubled over the last decade.
- Rain Could Be Causing Increases In Mold Allergy Symptoms While pollen allergies have subsided, a different allergy has kicked up.
- Foreign Suspect Indicted In UPMC Identity Theft Tax Case A federal grand jury has indicted a foreign citizen in a conspiracy to file more than 900 phony federal tax returns seeking $2.2 million in refunds by using employee information stolen from the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
- Parents Praying For New Liver For Boy Desperately In Need Of Transplant Since he entered the world, 2-year-old Lucas Goeller's been fighting the good fight in an effort to stay alive.
- Preventing Skin Cancer: What One Addition To A Local Park Can Do To Help We've all seen dispensers with hand sanitizer in public places. But what if there were sunscreen dispensers? A recent addition to a local park might be a game-changer in preventing skin cancer.
- Supreme Court Upholds Nationwide Health Care Law Subsidies Gov. Tom Wolf will withdraw his application to take over the insurance marketplace created under the 2010 federal health care law now that the U.S. Supreme Court has upheld the law's nationwide tax subsidies.
- Scary-Looking Insect Invades Area, But Don’t Call Them Ticks Those plump, round insects seem to be everywhere these days. They're called billbugs, beetles, and weevils. But don't call them ticks, because they're not.
- Are Reusable Bags Hurting Your Health? More and more people are using reusable bags instead of paper or plastic. It's all in an effort to help the environment, but in doing so, are you hurting your health?
- Debunking SPF: Study Shows Most Don't Understand Sun Protection For years now, when it comes to sunscreen, we have been told to choose one that has the best SPF for us – the higher the number, the better the protection.
- New Study Looks At Treating Appendicitis With Antibiotics For years, we've thought the only way to treat appendicitis was to remove the appendix. Well, what if you could treat it simply with antibiotics?
- FBI Investigating Johnson & Johnson Over Morcellators The FBI is now investigating Johnson & Johnson over a device used to treat thousands of women for a common problem.
- Is DNA Harvesting, Reproduction The Wave Of The Future? The idea of reproducing a living being from DNA is the stuff Jurassic Park and Dolly the Sheep are made of. But is it really possible to reproduce someone from DNA?