Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Allegheny Co. Health Dept. Provides Tuberculosis, Measles Updates The Allegheny County Health Department has been looking into cases of tuberculosis ever since a Pittsburgh Public School District student came down with the disease.
- New Findings Show Adults Less Likely To Get The Flu Than Kids When were the last two times you had the flu?
- UPMC Now Offering Online Doctor Visits Would you prefer to see a doctor in person or by computer?
- Local Man Develops Headband To Reduce Head Trauma Peters High School junior Rachel Corrigan loves playing basketball, but now she wears a special head band designed to protect her.
- Forbes Hospital Unveils Major ICU Expansion Today, they unveiled a major expansion of the ICU at Forbes Hospital.
- Extremely Dry Winter Skin Can Have Dangerous Consequences It’s almost unavoidable in the winter: dry skin.
- Pitt Researchers Studying How To Keep Back Pain From Becoming Long-Term Problem Just about everyone has back pain at some point in their life.
- Australian Study Shows Anger Increases Risk Of Heart Attack Two new studies are highlighting some factors that may increase a person’s risk of developing certain cardiovascular issues.
- Doctors Detail Symptoms In Children, Which Parents Should Not Ignore When your children are sick, you'll do just about anything to make them feel better.
- New Gadgets & Apps Shine Light On Your Sleeping Habits There are all kinds of apps to keep you fit. Now, apps – and their accompanying gadgets - will help you get a look at how you sleep.
- Consumer Reports: How Not To Treat A Cold Cold season is in full swing, and many people turn to so-called “natural” remedies to try to prevent colds or ease symptoms.
- 800,000 HealthCare.gov Customers Given Wrong Tax Info About 800,000 HealthCare.gov customers got the wrong tax information from the government, the Obama administration said Friday, and officials are asking those affected to delay filing their 2014 returns.
- Doctors Seeing Some Cases Frostbite, Urging People To Bundle Up Frostnip, frostbite, hypothermia - or just plain cold - when the temperatures drop this low, these are all very real possibilities.
- FDA Issues Warning As Peanuts Found In Cumin Spice Hundreds of products are being pulled from store shelves after traces of peanut were found in cumin spice - a life-threatening danger to some people with peanut allergies.
- The Story Of Sharing America's Marrow Sam Kimura, her sister and her best friend are on a mission to help people around the country in need of life saving blood marrow. See how these three young women are going about making a real difference.