Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Smart Bandage Could Revolutionize Wound Care We have phones, watches, even cars that are "smart.” Now, a group of researchers has come up with a "smart bandage" that could turn wound care on its head.
- Health Department Confirms 15 Pittsburgh-Area Flu Deaths The Allegheny County Health Department says 15 people have now died from the flu in the Pittsburgh area, but that this season's outbreak seems to be slowing down.
- Highmark Denies In-Network Coverage To Some Pregnant Women Using Magee Womens Hospital The ongoing dispute between Highmark and UPMC is heating up again.
- False Alarm For Man Waiting For Heart Transplant It was supposed to be the happy ending to a story we’ve been following for nearly a year.
- Measles Outbreak: To Vaccinate Or Not Vaccinate With the potential to affect thousands, the recent outbreak of measles in the U.S. has placed a spotlight on a debate that’s raged for years.
- 7 Flu Deaths Reported, Officials Expect More This Season We are only halfway through flu season and seven deaths have already been reported in Allegheny County.
- Simple Device Helping To Relieve People’s Pain, Tension Imagine being able to get relief from migraine pain and even muscle spasms in the comfort of your own home.
- Insufferable Pain, Could It Be TMJ? Millions suffer from it, and for some, the pain is unbearable.
- Hybrid Ear Implant Offers Better Hearing Experience Going out with friends is usually fun, but for Jon Adler it was torture.
- Pirates’ Hurdle Undergoes 2nd Hip Replacement Surgery As of last night, 57-year-old Pirates’ manager Clint Hurdle had one new hip.
- Doctors Say Flu Shot Still Worth It The Centers for Disease Control says 43 states, including Pennsylvania, are facing high or widespread flu activity.
- Community Relieved By Opening Of Urgent Care In Braddock There was a lot of excitement Monday over a new Allegheny Health Network urgent care center in Braddock.
- Health Dept. Issuing Warnings For Flu Shots Medical Epidemiologist Kristen Mertz from the Allegheny County Health Department says officials are putting out the warning now in hopes that those who haven't already gotten their flu shot this season will get one and soon.
- Death Blamed On Allegheny County Flu Outbreak A major flu outbreak has made for a miserable holiday season for hundreds of local people, and is being blamed for at least one death.
- Highmark-UPMC Relationship Ends With Exceptions Jan. 1 starts a new relationship between Highmark's insurance customers and UPMC, and it's sometimes hard to sort out what it all means.