Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Doctors Working To Diagnose Autism Before Kids Are Born There's a potential breakthrough regarding autism. Doctors might now be able to tell if a child has autism before they're born.
- CHP Gives Premature Baby A Fighting Chance A premature baby has a fighting chance and his parents thank Children's Hospital for his improving condition.
- Health Officials Warn Number Of Whooping Cough Cases Going Up Health officials are sending out warnings after the number of Whooping Cough cases has doubled the yearly average.
- Local Doctor Offers Advice For Preventing MRSA In Your Own Home We all know that bacteria and viruses are lurking out there. But, you may not realize that you can pick up dangerous infections *inside* our own home. MRSA, for example, can be hiding where you least expect it.
- Forbes Hospital Opening To Medical Students The hospital will help the next generation of local doctors.
- Local Actress Working With Hospitals To Improve Bedside Manner A local actress is doing something that could improve the way your doctor treats you. You might call it "Bedside Manner School."
- How To Beat The Winter Blues And Avoid Cabin Fever Winter is all fun and games…until after New Years’ Eve.
- Corneal Inlay Procedure Developed To Help People Read Without Glasses Eyes not what they used to be? You're not alone. Millions of people over the age of 45 need reading glasses. But what if you could restore your vision without them?
- Health Officials Warn Flu Vaccine May Be Less Effective This Winter The flu vaccine may not be very effective this winter, according to U.S. health officials who worry this may lead to more serious illnesses and deaths.
- Supreme Court Justices Hear Pregnancy Discrimination Case A pregnancy discrimination case is in front of the Supreme Court and its outcome could affect women across the country. A former UPS worker says she was forced into taking unpaid leave when she became pregnant.
- Possibility Of Erasing Bad Memories Moves Closer Toward Reality Imagine having all your bad memories erased from your mind.
- Stress Causing Hair Loss In Some Younger Women We've come to accept stress as a part of our daily lives. But for women, especially younger women, there's a new and embarrassing effect of stress - hair loss.
- Get Marty: Couple Needs Help Getting Cancer Drug A major shortage of a critical cancer treatment drug led a local couple the KDKA’S Get Marty.
- New Implantable Device May Help Sleep Apnea Sufferers A new device may help people that suffer from sleep apnea.
- Overactive Bladder Treatment: Nerve Stimulation Florence Mediate loves to travel, but she hasn't taken a trip since 2012.