Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Clarithromycin Linked To Increased Risk Of Cardiac Death New research finds the antibiotic clarithromycin is associated with an increased risk of heart deaths.
- Identity Thieves May Be After Your Health Insurance In the wrong hands your insurance card is worth a fortune. It’s actually the largest target of identity thieves who want it to obtain free health care.
- Vitamin D: Good For Pregnancy? Vitamin D is thought to be good for the bones, and good for the heart.
- Study: UV Radiation May Be Addictive New research shows there may be something addictive about UV radiation.
- What Robin Williams' Death Tells Us About Parkinson's Disease Williams passing has shed light on his overall health; both mental and physical.
- New Research Links Heart Drug To Higher Mortality Rates Many people take a medicine called Digoxin, DIG for short.
- Migraine Sufferers Could Find Relief In Hypnosis People who get migraines know they can be debilitating.
- 3-Year-Old Girl Gets New Liver Thanks To Dad Watching her play, you would never know 3-year-old Rachel Thomas has been through.
- Highmark Warns Of Fake Recruiter Seeking ID Info Pittsburgh-based health insurer Highmark Inc. is warning people that a fake job recruiter has been contacting people, apparently seeking personal identify information from people over the phone.
- An Epidemic: Top 10 Outbreaks In U.S. History Throughout the years, epidemics and plagues have shaken up societies and cultures around the world.