Political Blog Progressive
- Pittsburgh Defense Attorney With ‘Street Knowledge’ Getting National Attention With New Ad (5)
- Suspect Turns In Self In East Liberty Double Murder (2)
- Driver Accused Of Kicking 2 Students Off School Bus Miles From Their Home (2)
- Chevron Pizza ‘Scandal’ Not A Problem With Locals (2)
- Bananas Foster Cake (2)
Latest Pittsburgh Political Blog Progressive
Congress refused to vote for relief for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. The first Republican President famously said “a house divided against itself cannot stand.” The same holds true for the Republican Party today.
At midnight, not only did the ball drop in Times Square, ushering in a New Year, but Congress dropped the ball on delivering the country meaningful deficit reduction.
If Congress manages to pass a feeble, last minute, deal on taxes it will be a deal that is long overdue. All of this could have been avoided.
Members of the House of Representatives bolted town on Thursday after rejecting a plan advanced by House Speaker John Boehner.
More than a month after the election, things continue to get worse for the GOP brand. The lead Republican spokesperson during the fiscal cliff negotiations, House Speaker John Boehner, has a 34 percent approval rating. President Obama has a 54 percent approval rating.
- Opinion: Gun Reform 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Walmart Bribery And Mexico 12/19/2012
- Opinion: Guns 12/18/2012
- Opinion: Michigan’s Brain Dead GOP 12/12/2012
- Opinion: Amazing ‘Stupid Things’ 12/11/2012
- Opinion: History On The Senate Floor 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Recovery 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Obamacare Savings 12/10/2012
- Opinion: Shame Of The Senate 12/10/2012