Latest Tournament News
- Atlantic 10 Conference Tournament Coming To Pittsburgh For the first time since 1982, the Atlantic 10 is bringing its men's basketball tournament back to Pittsburgh.
- Rising Star: Villanova Guard Phil Booth The sophomore from Baltimore hit the second-biggest shot of the game for Villanova (it was, admittedly, a very distant second).
- Brothers' Extended Family Very Proud Of Both After National Championship Game It took two families and lots of sacrifice to get Kris Jenkins to Villanova. That was the difficult part.
- Five Things: Best NCAA Championship Game Ever? Villanova claimed its second national championship last night with a 77-74 victory over North Carolina on a buzzer-beating three from Kris Jenkins.
- Villanova Defeats North Carolina 77-74 For National Championship With Buzzer-Beater It might be April, but March Madness prevailed to the very last second of this NCAA Tournament.
- NCAA Championship Tale: 2 Villanova vs. 1 North Carolina After all the hoopla and hype, the NCAA Tournament Championship Game has arrived, and both North Carolina and Villanova are very good, deserving teams.
- 5 Things: Final Four Margin Of Victory Record Obliterated Villanova blasted Oklahoma 95-51, a semifinal record for margin, and North Carolina topped Syracuse 83-66. It sets up what should be—what we hope will be—a competitive final tonight.
- Brotherly Battle Between Jenkins, Britt For National Title Has Pittsburgh Ties Kris Jenkins and Nate Britt, brothers in every way except blood, are giving each other the silent treatment for about 48 hours.