Does It Really Do That?

KDKA
Furminator
The Furminator. It claims to be the ultimate de-shedder. It says it will take out all that hair that ends up everywhere and for $36, it should, but does it really do that? The Furminator gets a definite thumbs up. One word of warning though, you want to do this outside.
KDKA
KDKA
Go Duster
The "Go Duster" promises to make dusting easier but does it really do that? We found the Go Duster works best on dusty wooden blinds.
KDKA
KDKA
Self Tanner
There are always self tanners, but when it comes to self tanners, it's not just "Do they really do that?", but do we really want to be the color that some of them turn us and for how long? Amy Adelman says, "I would buy two products. I would buy the Clairins definitely for upkeep. And I would buy the Salon Bronze just to have in case I needed to be tan because it did have a beautiful color."
KDKA
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Roomba
It's billed as a vacuum that cleans up, even when no one is home; but does it live up to the hype? KD Consumer Editor Yvonne Zanos agrees that the Roomba did a great job of sweeping up the dust and crumbs that can add up in between cleanings; but at a price of $279, she says it depends on how much you're willing to pay for that extra help around the house.
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
KDKA
Eurosealer
The Eurosealer is a gadget that promises to be a real money saver, claiming you can now buy in bulk without worrying about food going bad or getting stale. But does it really do that? Overall, Shelley Cicchini gives the Eurosealer a thumbs up.
KDKA
KDKA
Space Bag
You've seen those space bags for storage that promise to triple your storage space… but are they truly a space saver or just a money waster? We're giving the space bag a thumbs down. There seems to be a 50 percent chance your bag will have a hole in it.
KDKA
(Photo Credit: KDKA)
Big City Slider Station
You've probably seen the infomercial for a special pan that makes those little restaurant-style mini-burgers called "sliders." It's called the Big City Slider Station and sells for $20, plus shipping and handling. It promises you can make five mini burgers in minutes with no mess, but does it really do that… and do you really need this? In the end, the Big City Slider Station does really do that. It just isn't quite as easy to clean up as it promises.
(Photo Credit: KDKA)

Latest Galleries

Looking Back At The Legendary Life Of Arnold PalmerGolf legend Arnold Palmer died on Sunday in Pittsburgh.
Great Race 2016Thousands participated in the 39th Annual Richard S. Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh Great Race downtown on Sunday, Sept. 25, 2016.
The KDKA Spaghetti BreakfastThe 33rd Annual KDKA Spaghetti Breakfast was at Heinz Hall Garden Plaza on Friday, September 9th.
The Kickoff Party presented by 84 LumberPictures from The Kickoff Party on Thursday, September 8, 2016 at the PNC Champions Club at Heinz Field.
Smoke Rises Over City During Tarp Fire On Liberty BridgeThick plumes of smoke rose over Pittsburgh on Friday, Sept. 2, 2016, when a tarp caught fire on the Liberty Bridge. The fire shut down the bridge, bringing traffic to a standstill for the start of Labor Day Weekend.
Steelers Open 2016 Training Camp At Saint Vincent CollegeRejoice, Pittsburgh! That special time of year has arrived… football season! The Pittsburgh Steelers are back at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe for Training Camp 2016.
Ambush Leaves Police Officers Wounded, Dead In DallasFive police officers were killed and others wounded in an ambush attack during a protest in Dallas,Texas, on the evening of July 7, 2016.
West Carson Street Hillside BlastIn the early morning hours of July 6, 2016, crews blasted a hillside along West Carson Street, bringing down loose rock and debris after a landslide.

1. Tom says:

Where is the link to all the other products?

1. sher says:

I also hate this new site. It is slow and not user friendly at all.

2. P says:

I can’t find the link either. HATE this new site.

3. Kris says:

I also hate the new site. I can’t find the other products either. The new format of the site is SO unorganized!

4. Betty Bennett says:

I agree with everybody else…iI alwats went to your newpaper to help me check out “As Seen On TV” items. I thught your people did a good job check the items out.

5. Suzanne says:

Where are the links, and why doesn’t Does it really do that have its own section?

6. Suzanne says:

PS. I want to see the videos of does it really do that. The videos gave much more information, and let me make a very informed decision. If all you have now is a photo and a snip it of what you think, you might as well take this section off. I’ll go else where for reviews.

1. Jim says:

I would like to submit a product to be used for testing in the ” Does it really do that segemnt of your show, but don’t know how to submit my request. Where’s the link for it.

1. cynnie says:

I am looking for does it really do that on a laundy product but can not find it the site is not user friendly.how do i find past items??????

2. ABC says:

I typed Yvonne Zonos in the search bar & was able to find a fe links. Try this one —

2. ABC says:

Sorry for the typo😦
      It should’ve been– Yvonne Zanos

7. Nelson Sarver says:

KDKA was the site I always came to for my news and information. This new site stinks. From now on I will be using WPXI to get my news.

8. Sean says:

This new site stinks!!!!!! Get rid of it.

9. v. Impavido says:

this site sucks,can’t find anything. Bring back the old site

10. LucilleMajocha says:

Bring back the old site. This on stinks!!!!

11. Frank Mitcheltree says:

this site,is a joke, bring back the oldie but goodie site.

12. sherry says:

I agree, this site is not a friendly site. Looking and reading of the product does not show the truth of the product. go back to the old way!!!!!

13. Tanya says:

“We’ve put together links to all the “Does It Really Do That?” reports”
    Where?!?!?!

14. Jeanne says:

I agree with all of the above, bring back the old site.

15. Karen says:

Where are the links? What is the problem with this new site? Do we have children running this?

16. Jim says:

how do you submit your rquests for “doesit really do that”? I wanted to know if the Gyro Bowl really works.

17. Denise says:

I agree with everyone else, this site stinks. you can’t find anything.

18. Ron says:

We’ve put together links to all the “Does It Really Do That?” reports, so you can read about how each product fared and see what our testers had to say!

You say you have links, but I don’t see then.

19. Tammy says:

Looks like I’m not the only one who thinks the new site sucks. Did CBS come down from on high and take over? Looks like I’ll go elsewhere too.

20. Susan says:

Where are the items that you’ve tested? This stinks. The old site was much easier to follow.

21. Ed says:

Doesn’t anyone from KDKA or CBS read these comments? Many people, including me, are upset that the “Does it really do that” link doesn’t really do what it used to, and that is, allow you to view or read all of the previous product reviews done since this segment became popular some time ago. A lot of people are suggesting that the website should be returned to it’s previous KDKATV.com format. I would argue that such a step is not necessary, just tell us how to access an archive where we can have what we’ve had before.. So, KDKA, where is the link? If no such link exists please create one.

22. czarswoman@hotmail.com says:

The new site is simply awful! It truly demonstrates that old adage, “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” I used to look forward to seeing “Does It Really Do That” videos on-line. I am switching to WTAE for my on-line news links from now on.

23. Betty Bennett says:

I want the old Does It Really Do That? website back!!!!!!!!!!

24. dh says:

after all this time and its still not fixed… i would like to watch the videos some time this year please

25. maggie says:

agreed, it stinks. I wanted to check things out, and see if a product really works.

26. vickie says:

this new site is absolutely horrible. I hate,hate,hate it. Can’t find anything.
    Bring back the old site. I won’t even come back on this ever again since it sucks so much

27. al says:

everything new stinks until we get familiar with it, but this new site seems very disorganized. all i want to do is view the full video for today’s “does it really do that” and i can’t even find it listed today.

28. Cindy Sabo says:

I saw you are going to report on Bark Off. I purchased it and no it does not work. I have three dogs. I bought it for just one of mine who barks at everything. All it did was make the other two hide from the sound waves and didn’t help the barking dog at all. Don’t waste your money.

29. mark says:

the other comments are very right. the station should recruit a local 8th grader to redesign the site. the links are terrible. the appearance has text behind pictures. it is impossible to actually find anything. this was a total waste of my time. I think the newscasters should be forced to go to a public computer and find the articles they are referring to.

30. Bob says:

I agree with most of the comments here. The old site was 100% better and more user friendly. To the powers that be who maintain this current site. I suggest going back to the previous site configuration, or keep the site as it is in its current state and drive even more people to the WTAE and WPXI sites. I’m sure they will appreciate the the business to their sites.

31. Deb says:

I also agree. I hate this web site. You can not find anything.

32. Evalyn Gyory says:

Will you please put The Eqqies product on Does It Really Do That. This product is too complicated that I am reutrning it to Bed & Bath. It takes about three time longer than to hard boil eggs the regular way. And some of them do not come out of the plastic shell. What a waste of time. I hope you let the public know about these. They advertise on TV also.