Patrice King Brown’s Farewell

(Photo Credit: KDKA/Patrice King Brown)
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
During one holiday season, Patrice shared this photo from her childhood... way before her days on television! At 2-years-old, Patrice is seen here with her older brother.
(Photo Credit: KDKA/Patrice King Brown)
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
Years later, it all began at KDKA with Pittsburgh 2Day.
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
From the show's first broadcast in 1978 to the last, nearly 12 years later, the one constant was Patrice King Brown.
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
Over the years, she was joined by a succession of co-hosts from Ed Malley to Wayne Van Dine to John Wade.
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
And finally, Jon Burnett joined Patrice for the final five years.
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
“That hour of the day, from two to three o'clock with Patrice on Pittsburgh 2Day was my favorite hour of the day. I had to be careful admitting that to my wife, Debbie.” -- Jon Burnett
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
When credits rolled on the final show, the producer of the first season was in the audience... “She communicates through the lens so beautifully; you feel that she's talking to you. Which is, of course, the sign of somebody who's really talented.” -- Jan Getz, former producer
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
She also maintained a friendship with Dennis Miller, a national figure who started at KDKA.
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
After Pittsburgh 2Day, Patrice made the switch from entertainment to news without breaking stride.
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
The team of Stacy Smith and Patrice King Brown mastered breaking news stories, like the crash of Flight 427, the Tragedy of 9/11, and the Quecreek Mine Rescue.
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
“She always had the ability to understand the scope of the story. The scope of it also means how it affects people's lives, and she does a very good job of that.” --Stacy Smith
(Photo Credit: KDKA)
(Photo Credit: Patrice King Brown)
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
There's another side to Patrice though, at home she has a beautiful family!
(Photo Credit: Patrice King Brown)
(Photo Credit: Patrice King Brown)
Here's a photo of Patrice's "babies" - Guy & Lauren
(Photo Credit: Patrice King Brown)
(Photo Credit: Patrice King Brown)
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
Posing for a photo with her son!
(Photo Credit: Patrice King Brown)
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
In 2007, Patrice and her daughter shot a video together for KDKA in Shadyside.
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
It's easy to see...Patrice and Lauren are very close!
(Photo Credit: KDKA)
(Photo Credit: Patrice King Brown)
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
She also has a very close relationship with her mom, Dolores!
(Photo Credit: Patrice King Brown)
Goodbye To Patrice King Brown
Saying goodbye to Patrice isn't easy, but we wish her great happiness as she moves into the future!
Categories: Photo Galleries

Latest Galleries

Looking Back At The Legendary Life Of Arnold PalmerGolf legend Arnold Palmer died on Sunday in Pittsburgh.
Great Race 2016Thousands participated in the 39th Annual Richard S. Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh Great Race downtown on Sunday, Sept. 25, 2016.
The KDKA Spaghetti BreakfastThe 33rd Annual KDKA Spaghetti Breakfast was at Heinz Hall Garden Plaza on Friday, September 9th.
The Kickoff Party presented by 84 LumberPictures from The Kickoff Party on Thursday, September 8, 2016 at the PNC Champions Club at Heinz Field.
Smoke Rises Over City During Tarp Fire On Liberty BridgeThick plumes of smoke rose over Pittsburgh on Friday, Sept. 2, 2016, when a tarp caught fire on the Liberty Bridge. The fire shut down the bridge, bringing traffic to a standstill for the start of Labor Day Weekend.
Steelers Open 2016 Training Camp At Saint Vincent CollegeRejoice, Pittsburgh! That special time of year has arrived… football season! The Pittsburgh Steelers are back at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe for Training Camp 2016.
Ambush Leaves Police Officers Wounded, Dead In DallasFive police officers were killed and others wounded in an ambush attack during a protest in Dallas,Texas, on the evening of July 7, 2016.
West Carson Street Hillside BlastIn the early morning hours of July 6, 2016, crews blasted a hillside along West Carson Street, bringing down loose rock and debris after a landslide.

1. Pat Zrimsek Hart says:

Dear Patrice: We have watched you for many years. I don’t know if you will remember us but I remember you as a little girl before you moved from Jacksonia St on the NS. after your Dad passed away (if I’m correct) When we all went to the elem school (???started with a C down Sherman Ave to N. Ave…Crowley???) my brother Carl Zrimsek was good friends with your brother David. Is he still on QVC. I wish you the best….what will you be doing….anything special. I live up by I-80 DuBois and Carl is in NC. Please take care and I hop I may hear from you……God be with you Patty Zrimsek Hart

2. JoEllen says:

we will miss you patrice. best of luck to you.

3. Lynda Wahl says:

Patrice, I have watched you since you started on KDKA. You are a wonderful, lovely, talented, kind person. Best of luck in all you undertake in the future. You are loved and will be missed. Have fun!!!

4. Salvatore B Reno says:

Salvatore Reno:
    I’ve watched you since you became a broadcaster 33 years ago. Good luck in the future……………..You are the best and it’s going to be hard to fill those shoes.
    We the Reno’s wish you will………………………..

Have fun in retirement.

5. Maureen K. Collins Pansera says:

You blessed us with your presence for 32 years. 3 BEAUTIFUL years. We will miss you. Good Luck & God Speed on your future endeavours.

6. Reno A Diggs says:

Class and calm, something I will miss in a newscast, something only Patrice can deliver. Thank you for sharing your style; God Bless your next chapter.

7. shirley says:

Patrice, It has been wonderful watching you over the years. So nice to know that you are the person you pertray on TV. Best of luck with your future. Enjoy your family and friends. You will always be our Pittsburgh Girl.

Rick and Shirley

8. ray says:

never quite knew why i always watched ch 2 news. well now i know!! good luck

9. Cheryl Yunecko says:

Patrice thanks for always just being you, you did that with such grace and
    style. May your new journeys take you to amazing places. God Bless!!!!

10. Beth Pifer says:

Dear Patrice,

I have been watching you since your career on KDKA began. We are the same age, so in a sense, we grew up together! I watched with sadness, but also respect as you said good-bye. You are a woman of dignity, dedication, and compassion. I will sorely miss you on KDKA. I must say, I cried as you said good-bye! I feel as if I’ve lost a friend! Best wishes and much happiness! Beth

11. Pat Galas says:

Patrice, I have watched you since Pgh Today. You have always been my favorite and Hope you much Joy in your life after KDKA> Just Hope JB doesn’t retire. He is another favorite.

12. Pat Galas says:

Met you once at Sam’s Club and you are as beautiful in person as you are on the TV. Best of luck…..

13. amy says:

Patrice I grew up watching you on KDKA. It has been a pleasure having you in my living room every evening delivering the news. It was as though a friend was delivering the news, good or bad, we knew it was going to be okay. I will miss you! Tell Jon Burnett not to retire soon, he is my other favorite!

14. Linda Rinchiuso says:

You are a living example of grace, beauty, and sophistication. Thank you for taking me through the good and bad times in Pittsburgh. I will miss seeing you and wondering…how is it she looks so young and never changes. Seriously , thanks for your professionalism and desire to accurately report the truth.

15. Nancy says:

Patrice~~You are a Pittsburgh icon and I will miss seeing you every night when I get home from work. You have always delivered the news with such compassion and have always made be feel like everything was going to be okay no matter how bad the news. You are a class act and I wish you and your family all the best.

16. Cathy says:

Patrice, have watched you since day one in 1978, i would hurry home from work to see you if I was to work late I put the VCR on so I and my son would not miss you, my son and I met you several place in the past few years, last was at the court house with Ken, Leslie Sanson, Onarodo ,my son has past away 3 years ago but to him and I you were part of our family,I will sure miss you on my Evening news,you were a special lady, may God bless you and your family always.

17. Karen says:

Patrice, You are a huge part of Pittsburgh. We all love you. I remember Pgh Today with Jon, like it was yesterday, it was one of my favorites. Thank you for all the wonderful memories. We’ll all miss you. Best of luck to you and your family.

18. Diane says:

Patrice, When I think of KDKA I naturally think of you! You are the heart and soul of KDKA and everyone will miss you terribly. May God be good to you and your beautiful family!

19. Don says:

Patrice,

My wife and I enjoyed watching you do the evening news and Pittsburgh Today. We will miss you. Good Luck with your retirement. God Bless!

Don

20. Don says:

Patrice,

21. Cheryl A Cosby (Poose) says:

Patrice congratulations on your retirement. My mom (Virgina Leach) told me you were retiring today. I took a moment to look at the news clip and girl you have been blessed! I get joy when I see how God works in ones life an as I watched the news clip and hear many of your collegues I said well done. I know you are retiring however I believe God has more in store for you so the Best Is Yet to come. Enjoy your family and take care.
    Cheryl A Cosby in Columbus Ohio you will know me as Poose.

22. PAUL says:

YOU WERE THE BEST IN ALL PHASES OF ENTERTAINMENT AND LIFE
    GOD BLESS ALL YOUR FAMILY

PAUL
    P.S GOING TO WPXI NOW BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

23. Nancy Koslosky says:

Patrice: Best of luck to you in the future. I will miss seeing you every day on the news. Lauren and my daughter, Elise, danced at PYB together many years ago and I never forgot your kindness and sense of humor. Thank you for sharing so many years with Pittsburgh.

24. Jim says:

Patrice, you have been a staple in our homes through good times and bad and through it all you have remained professional, graceful, and caring, It is always sad to see someone leave, but you have left all of your viewers with filled hearts and gratitude for the past 33 years, Best of luck to you and your family in the next chapter of your lives.

25. Jamie Torboli says:

Patrice, I echo a lot of other people’s comments. I also began watching you from the beginning of your career. We are also the same age and our kids were born about the same time as well. I know our sons played against each other in a basketball tournament at the LeMoyne Center in Washington. I couldn’t tell you which team won, but I remember you made it a point to go up to my son and congratulate him on a good game. (I think Guy’s dad was coaching??). I must say I was emotional when I first heard you were leaving. Of all the tv personalities, I identify with you the most. I think its fantastic that you get the opportunity to start a new chapter of your life enjoying your family and enjoying life. You deserve nothing but the best and I wish you all the luck in the world.

26. Amy Reddinger says:

When I think of KDKA, one of the first things that pops into my mind is Patrice King Brown. When I first read of your retirement, I was devastated… I felt like I was losing a family member. I couldn’t watch the newcast on Friday (your last day)… not because I wasn’t interested in what was happening around the viewing area or because I didn’t wanna see the smiling faces at KDKA. I couldn’t watch because I couldn’t bare to say good-bye to a friend I have come to love and trust. So instead it has taken me 3-days to watch the tributes to you via the internet… with my huge box of tissues at hand. Although we have never met, I feel as if I have known you all of my life.

May God’s love and blessings be upon you now, tomorrow and in the years ahead. Good luck to you and remember… you made a difference in the lives of MANY people!!!

God Bless you my friend,
    Amy Reddinger
    Shippenville, PA

27. Mary Beth says:

Patrice, the tears are hitting the keyboard as I write this, but I feel I had to tell you I feel like I lost a good friend, You are such a part of my Pgh past.
    I remember sitting in the audience one day watching you and Dennis Miller in the early days down at Gateway Center. Those were the days of a very vibrant Pittsburgh and you were part of the soul of Pgh to me.
    I know you are making a good move for yourself and family, and I wish you the very best.

28. Sherry says:

Sherry
    Patrice, you are a beautiful person with the soul of an angel, I have enjoyed your many years on KDKA. God bless you and keep you and your family for many years ahead.

29. Ken Hawk says:

Patrice King-Brown is everyone a television personality should aspire to be. Her unique ability to transition from talk show hostess to serious journalist is a talent that very few have. She is a true professional, and even when she read a hard-news story, you could still feel the warmth from her that touched so many lives for so many years. Patrice, thank you for giving so much of yourself to Pittsburgh, and your colleagues as well. Self included.

Ken Hawk
    Assistant News Director
    WBUT, WISR, WLER-FM
    Butler, Pennsylvania

30. sam wiley says:

sam wiley well my friend what are you doing?patrice pittsburgh needs you,.you and i go way back,patrice you are pittsburgh, and everything it stand for.so my friend take a little break and come back with part two..you have been touched by god.