Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- Is Sitting For Long Hours At Work The New Smoking? The average worker spends over five hours and 40 minutes sitting at their job every day and a new study says it’s bad for your health, with some claiming the long-term effects of sitting can be as bad as smoking. Dr. Michael Jensen from the Mayo...
- Local Experts Convene Working Group On Addiction Local experts to head a working group to end addiction.
- Is Coffee Becoming An Addiction For Some? Is coffee becoming an addiction like drugs or alcohol and should it be treated as a psychological illness?
- Allegheny County Sticking With Health Care Provider Highmark Allegheny County officials say they are sticking with Highmark as the health care provider for its employees.
- Doctor Details Tips To Spot Deadly Form Of Nail Cancer Most people know to get freckles and moles checked out by a doctor, but a small spot under your nail could be just as dangerous.
- Mental Health Experts Reach Out To Franklin Regional During Conference During its annual education conference, the National Alliance on Mental Illness in Southwestern Pennsylvania is reaching out to the Franklin Regional School District.
- Subway: "Yoga Mat" Chemical Almost Out Of Bread Subway says an ingredient dubbed the "yoga mat" chemical will be entirely phased out of its bread by next week.
- Nearby Trauma Centers Make Difference In Patient Outcomes Having a designated trauma center nearby in a mass casualty situation can make a difference in time, expertise and outcomes.
- The Logistics Of Mass Trauma: What Happens At The Hospitals KDKA's Dr. Maria Simbra has more on the emergency protocols in in mass casualty situations.
- Study Looks At Screen Time, Teen Bone Density Computers, tablets, video games, TV --- these entertaining devices can be hard on how much kids weigh, how well they see, and now a study hints at possibly how well their bones hold up.