Health Topic Center
CBS Pittsburgh Health News
- In Your Dreams! Separating Nightmare Myths From Reality Nightmares, we all have them occasionally, but why? What causes them? Are there ways to stop them? Do spicy foods play a role? What about the temperature of the room you sleep in?
- Pittsburgh, UPMC Drop Lawsuits Over Nonprofit Status The City of Pittsburgh and the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center have dropped opposing lawsuits over the hospital network's nonprofit status.
- Sports Drinks Causing Serious Dental Problems For Young Athletes All those sports drinks kids are downing to keep themselves hydrated are ruining their teeth. Dentists are seeing serious tooth and mouth problems at much younger ages
- CDC: More Girls Now Getting Cervical Cancer Vaccine The government is reporting an increase in teenage girls getting a controversial cervical cancer vaccine - but it's not much of a bump.
- Expert Debunks Myths And Misconceptions Around Breast Cancer There are lots of thoughts on breast cancer.
- New Study Raises More Questions About Morcellator Device In Gynecologic Procedures There's growing concern a device used during hysterectomies can spread cancer.
- Time-Saving Tips For Healthy School Lunches With creative planning and the right containers, packing a quick and healthy lunch can be as easy as ABC and 123!
- School Safety Tips For Younger Kids School is back in session, so take some time to go over these important safety tips with your children. This is just the beginning of the conversation, but it's a great place to get started.
- Video Of Singing Baby Doctor Going Viral What a local doctor does after he delivers a baby is attracting attention across the nation.
- Experts Say Secondary Drowning Could Be Deadly If Not Watched At the pool, kids splash and sputter.