LINKS: Home | Tickets | Information | Entertainment
Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival – Affordable Fun For Everyone!
Open Six Weekends!
Saturday’s & Sunday’s, plus Labor Day, August 20 – September 25
For our 2016 season, we take you on a magical tour through time and legend. As you wander down the village streets and pathways of the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival, ready thyself to revel with master revelers, watch artisans create original works of their ancient craft and be taken in by the tantalizing aromas of roast turkey legges, steak on a stake, fresh baked goods and much more.
Featuring a cast of hundreds of authentically costumed merrymakers living and working throughout the village and performing, continuously, upon the Festival’s stages, the illusion of a rollicking 16th Century festival day is created. Impromptu encounters with the royalty and peasantry of Tudor England are commonplace.
You’ll meet all kinds, from jousters to jugglers to minstrels to maidens faire, all schooled in art of interactive theater! Much new entertainment has been summoned by Good King Henry for this glorious season. For six special summer weekends enjoy family fun for children and magical times for adults.
Join in the merriment! Attend the 2016 Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival. It’s Affordable Fun for Everyone! Visit PittsburghRenFest.com.
Location: 6 miles west of New Stanton, PA. just 40 minutes from downtown Pittsburgh.
2016 Dates: The Festival will be held for six weekends, Saturdays and Sundays plus Labor Day! August 20 through September 25. Weekends are August 8/20, 8/27, September 9/3, 9/10, 9/17, 9/24.
Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Admission: The gate admission for adults is $18.45 and $8.00 for children ages 5 to 12. Children under 5 are free.
Parking: FREE parking and shuttle service are available from the parking lot to the Festival entrance.
For tickets & more information: www.pittsburghrenfest.com
HUZZAH AND CHEERS!
NEW PERFORMANCES AND RETURNING FAVORITES INCLUDE:
- Joust: The Knights of Noble Cause Productions: Come experience the thrill of Chivalrous Knights and Brave Steeds engaging daily in 3 Exciting Jousting Competitions! Featuring the Finest in Equestrian Skills and Combat Jousting, these Noble Knights prove that “Chivalry Lives!”, and Heroes walk among us.
- Ye Klass Klowne: A Spectacular Stupefying show that is sure to Dazzle and Delight! Balancing, Juggling and a Fire Show, Ye Klass Klowne is a circus performed whose goal is to spread Happiness, Joy and Laughter to the world one city at a time!
- Washing Well Wenches:“Wet Dirty Women, Good Clean Fun!” These two Wacky Wenches prove that a Good Scrubbing and lots of Belly Laughs are good for the soul! Whinny and Izzy provide Rollicking Laughter, Hysterical Comedy and of course, Clean Clothes! Doing laundry has never been so much Fun!
- Cast In Bronze: Be enchanted by the Magical, Musical Experience of The Carillon! This Rare Medieval Instrument, made entirely of 4 Tons of Bells, each unique in design and note, will stir your soul with the haunting beauty of passionate music. Unlike Anything you have ever heard or experienced before, the “Spirit” of the music is portrayed by Frank DellaPenna, a Nationally Recognized Performer unrivaled in his ability to create “Musical Magic”. Come listen for the experience of a lifetime!
- The Duelists: A dazzling display of sword-fighting brilliance! It’s comedy, wit, insult, and innuendo wrapped up into one entertaining show!
- Great Balls of Fire: Wilsome Fire, a Fire-Eater, Fire-Blower, a Magician of Fire Manipulation, will leave you Breathless as you watch his amazing skills and Incredible Fire Displays! You have never seen Fire like this! and he’s funny too!
- German Brothers: Outrageously amusing “German Rap Stars”!
- Returning! Rick Stratton The Amazing Hypnotist: Yes, hypnosis is real. Want to take a rocket ship to the moon? Or win a million-dollar fishing tournament? You’re never quite sure what will happen in this uproariously funny hypnosis show! Certified hypnotherapist Rick Stratton takes his volunteers on a journey they’ll never forget!
- New! The Renaissance Vaudeville Show (WITH SNORKEL THE DANCING STUNT PIG!)Comedy, Juggling, and a Trained Pig…What more could you want? Rick and Jan wow the crowds with their machete and fire juggling while Snorkel The Pig steals the show with his dancing, bowling, and hoop-jumping prowess. Be sure to attend the Meet & Greet with Snorkel after the show!
- The CRAIC Show: Hi-energy Medieval Pipe and Drum Show with musical instruments crafted from instruments of war!
- New! The Roving Blades! Full Run this season! The Roving Blades are a group of singer/instrumentalists focused on Celtic, maritime, and world music, with a repertoire that stretches from Stan Rogers to the Animanicas. They’ll be sure to keep you smiling, even if you’re thrown overboard!
- New! The Righteous Blackguards! Bringing their irreverent blend of Celtic, folk, drinking songs, lots of humor, & the occasional modern hit, you’ll never have more fun!
- The Plunder Doggs: Rollicking tunes & drinkin’ songs!
- Mukti Nartaki: Tribal Fusion Belly Dance Group with a spirit all their own.
- Chaste Treasure: This delightful a cappella group of beautiful ladies perform tight harmonies and rich tunes that is sure to pleasure any audience!
- The King’s Piper Extraordinaire: Sean Regan, the King’s Piper, begins the third generation in a family of pipers. Considered one of the most experienced pipers and instructors on the East Coast!
- Temujin the Storyteller: Master Storyteller & Weaver of Words! Temujin Ekunfeo delights patrons of all ages with his humorous and brilliant stories!
- The Pirates Pub: Singing, dancing and plenty of grub and ale.
Reasons To Keep Coming Back
There are many reasons to return to the Pittsburgh Renaissance Festival again and again, as no two Festival days are ever alike. The festival offers “wondrous” themes for each of their festive weekends. See below for a list of their weekend events:
“An Adventure to the Past” August 20 & 21 Come join us in a celebration of music and dance as we put out the royal welcome mat for King Henry and Queen Katherine’s arrival at the castle. Meet our new cast of villagers, enjoy our first-class entertainers and revisit old favorites. Take advantage of the “Buy-One-Get-One Free” offer this weekend only, available at participating Wendy’s Restaurants!
August 27 & 28 Listen to the traditional sounds of Celtic musicians, Scottish pipe bands and madrigal singers throughout the Realm. Sing along with our Irish Troubadour as he performs popular ballads. Irish dancers and Bag Pipers will also be featured this weekend. Get ready to don ye kilts for the Men in Kilts Contest.
Prince, Princess & Pirate Party September 3, 4 & 5 Throughout this weekend dedicated to young lads and lasses, children ages 12 and under experience the Festival for free with a paying adult. Special activities including the Prince, Princess and Pirate Costume Contest, the Royal Quest, knighting ceremonies and photos with the King and Queen. Also, be sure to enjoy medieval rides and games of skill! This weekend only is our Union Member Appreciation! All members of a Union receive a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Adult Ticket with valid identification. Redeemable at Festival Box Office Only!
September 10 & 11 – Military Appreciation Weekend! “The Discovery of a good wine is increasingly better for mankind than the discovery of a new star” ~Leonardo Da Vinci. For this weekend dedicated to “The Nectar of the Gods” we intend to use it very well, indeed! Participate in the legendary Grape Stomp Competitions for prizes, as well as Free Sampling of some of the finest vintages from local Pennsylvania wineries. Also, this weekend is our Military Appreciation! All military personnel receive a Buy-One-Get-One-Free Adult Ticket with Military I.D. plus their children, ages 12 and under, enter the realm free! Redeemable at Festival Box Office Only!
September 17 & 18 Argh Matey! Pirates have invaded the festival! Enjoy a weekend of rousing good tales and tunes of high-seas adventures, swash-buckling sword fights and a jolly good time! “Drink up me hearties, yo ho!”
OKTOBERFEST: A FINAL HUZZAH
September 24 & 25 “Willkommen”(a Hearty Welcome), as you join your Village Hosts King Henry and Queen Katherine in an Oktoberfest Celebration and a Farewell to the Festival Season. Tantalize your taste buds with Traditional German Favorites such as Bratwurst, Sauerkraut, and Chocolates! German Music, Dancing, Lederhosen and Tavern Wenches will delight one and all with a fun-filled taste of Bavaria. Come Eat, Drink, and Make Merry with us at the Castle!
For further information regarding our Special Themed Weekends call Lori Hughes at (724)-872-1670