Dr. Bruce Dixon
Former director of the Allegheny County Health Department, Dr. Bruce Dixon, passed away Wednesday morning at age 74.
Carla Mulley says it was March 17, 2011 when she noticed her leg changing colors and getting blotchy. She went to the emergency room when the pain worsened. The chain of events that followed would change her life forever.
The petri dish is still doing its work and it could be a day or more before there is confirmation, but doctors believe a man in Allegheny County is hospitalized tonight with a case of Necrotizing Fasciitis, otherwise known as Flesh Eating Bacteria Syndrome.
KDKA AM’s Marty Griffin talks to Dr Cyril Wecht about his anger over Dr Bruce Dixon’s firing.
KDKA AM’s Larry and John talk to Dr. Bruce Dixon, who finally speaks out publicly about his firing.
Dr. Bruce Dixon has been the director of the Allegheny County Health Department for nearly 20 years, but he could be out of a job Wednesday afternoon.
For 20 years he’s been the go-to guy for every health emergency, but it appears that Dr. Bruce Dixon’s days as head of the Allegheny County Health Department may be numbered.
A landlord is trying to get a hoarder out of an apartment in Pittsburgh’s Friendship neighborhood and now the Allegheny County Health Department is stepping in.
Now that winter’s here most of us are spending more time inside, but most of us aren’t alone. We’re not talking about your family here. We’re talking about germs that could be lurking in your home, including some places you may have never even dreamed.
The Allegheny Health Department says the norovirus has been detected at a local nursing home. The McKeesport Kane Regional Care has had about 25 cases in one area of the facility.
You spend and spend your hard-earned money to pack the refrigerator and the pantry, and the minute you do a clock is ticking down the path to “expiration” and “use by” dates. The USDA estimates that we throw out 96.4 billion pounds of food each year.
Listeria, salmonella and E.coli are words that have conditioned us to a fear reaction by years of foodborne illness scares. But problems don’t have to come from a tainted factory; you can grow them right at home.
KDKA AM’s Larry and John get their flu shots live on the air from Dr Bruce Dixon and Nurse Sharon Sylvestri.
Health officials said four cases of salmonella linked to the national ground turkey outbreak have been reported in Allegheny County.
Inspectors from the Allegheny County Health Department visited Magee Pool in Greenfield one day after a 9-year-old nearly drowned. All city and county pools are licensed by the health department.