When an East Huntingdon Township woman showed up for work Tuesday, she was greeted by an angry deer foaming at the mouth.
Officials are investigating a reported bear sighting in Mount Lebanon.
A woman and two children are recovering tonight after they were attacked by a rabid cat.
A Pittsburgh woman and her young daughter and nephew are being treated for rabies after police say they were attacked by a feral cat.
The Allegheny County Health Department has issued a warning regarding rabid bats.
Police are looking for a dog and its owner after an attack in Mount Lebanon. Police say they’re concerned the dog could bite someone else.
A rabies alert has been issued by the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture after bats were found inside a home in Cranberry, Butler County. According to the alert, the bats which later tested positive for rabies, got in through a fireplace, and two people were exposed.
A local family hopes that the owner of a dog that bit a little girl comes forward so she doesn’t have to go through the painful process of getting rabies shots. Christina Russell says her 8-year-old daughter, Ashley, was walking along Banner Way in Lawrenceville Friday night when she was bitten.
City of Pittsburgh Animal Control reports the first case of rabies in the city in 10 or possibly even 15 years.
A 19-year-old pregnant woman living in Lawrenceville is concerned after she was bitten by a dog earlier this week. Shalawrea Shogan fears she may develop a case of human rabies.
In one local neighborhood, the people who live there say they’re being overrun with cats every night and they don’t know what to do about it.
A feral cat with end stage rabies was brought to Dr. Krewatch at the Bradford Hills Veterinary Hospital last Saturday by a Good Samaritan. But the rabid stray had to be euthanized.
Two attendants who work at a no-kill animal shelter in Westmoreland County were bitten by rabid kitten over the weekend. The kitten was euthanized after it tested positive for rabies.
Health officials in two local counties are warning about possible exposure to rabies.