Tale Of The Tape: Best Sports Movies Draft
- 1st RoundCaddyshack - "It's got to be Caddyshack. How can you possibly go against that?"Rocky - "The greatest sports movie of all-time. Is there any question? It stood the test of time. It had me drinking raw eggs out of a blender. You can see all the good it did me."
- 2nd RoundSlapshot - "Sports are all about comedy, as well as human drama. Slapshot combines one of the greatest actors of all-time, Paul Newman, a ridiculous cast."Field of Dreams - "What a message it sends about chasing dreams, about baseball, the beauty of baseball, fathers and sons, everything else."
- 3rd RoundRaging Bull - "You want a little seriousness? Give me Raging Bull. I'll take that over Rocky."Hoosiers - "How is this on the board in the third round? Both of us should be humiliated."
- 4th RoundMajor League - "How can you go against Major League? This is appointment viewing up and down the line."The Bad News Bears - "Maybe my favorite sports movie ever...the original one. Anybody who ever played little league baseball can relate to it."
- 5th RoundThe Mighty Ducks - "The Mighty Ducks is an all-time cult movie for anyone my age. It's the underdog story with kids and Emilio Estevez."Sandlot - "We can kind of tell a difference between me and you in this draft. I'm a little bit deeper than you, you're very surface level. How is Sandlot on the board in the fifth round?
- 6th RoundMiracle - "How can we not get the movie that tried to chronicle the greatest upset in American sports history?"Rudy - "I'm going with this and it's either going to win me the draft or lose me the draft. As surface level and as shallow as you are, even you dropped a tear when you watched this movie."
This was one of the hardest decisions we've had to make. All the movies picked are of high quality. We had to put it to a vote in the office and Chris Mueller came out on top by a narrow margin.