Tale Of The Tape: Game Show Draft
- 1st RoundJeopardy –“ Jeopardy. I think there are two iconic game shows. There’s two obvious picks in this draft."Wheel of Fortune – “That’s the game that follows Jeopardy and it sucks in a lot of Jeopardy viewers. Wheel of Fortune has withstood the test of time just like Jeopardy has with arguably a more likeable and funny co-host in Pat Sajak. And it has Vanna White.”
- 2nd RoundPrice is Right – “You’re panicking. Your horrendous cereal draft – the guy picked Kix for God’s sake – is affecting you in this draft.”Family Feud – Did I get you? [Starkey makes his Price is Right pick] No! I went too early with Family Feud. I had Price is Right third on my board!”
- 3rd RoundDeal Or No Deal – "Who’s the bald guy on there that’s really annoying, but also compelling in a way? Howie Mandel? I hate him, but he made me want to watch."Who Wants To Be A Millionaire – “I gotta try to recover here from this. This is getting inglorious in a hurry and I don’t like it. I’m going Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.”
- 4th RoundHollywood Squares – “I’m afraid that I’m going too much old school here. So, I’m trying to avoid that, but I can’t help it. I’m going with another iconic, legendary show – Hollywood Squares.”Press Your Luck – “I gotta really rally. I need some good picks. I don’t know why I went against Price Is Right. I don’t know how you go against Bob Barker at least in the top two picks. I’m gonna take no whammies, no whammies, stop! Press Your Luck."
- 5th RoundLove Connection – "That picked sucked. I knew it right away as soon as it came out of my mouth. But, I didn’t wreck my draft. He just sits on my bench."$100,000 Pyramid – Another game show that I grew up as a kid watching, big fan of $100,000 Pyramid. I never saw anybody win $100,000, but that was okay.
- 6th RoundNewlywed Game – That was a fun game because everybody was happy, hey just got married. If they ran an updated version 20 years later, everybody would be sad.Supermarket Sweep – "Supermarket Sweep is an unbelievable game show."
Don't ask us how he did it. He blew the first two picks in epic fashion. Leaving Price Is Right on the board when you had two straight picks? Really? Yet, he managed to pull off one of the most miraculous comebacks we've ever seen. Starkey got out to such an enormous lead, but let Mueller up off the mat with his redundant fifth and sixth round picks. In the end, it's two big hitters vs. the top-to-bottom quality of Mueller. Ask the Penguins how that's worked out recently.