THE “THE NEXT FAN HOST”
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR BE SELECTED. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF BEING SELECTED.
HOW TO AUDITION
1. These rules govern “The Next Fan Host” Auditions (the “Audition”) being conducted by KDKA-FM (the “Station”) beginning on May 25, 2013 at 11:00AM and ending on June 27, 2013 at 10:00PM. Times specified in these rules are Eastern Time. Audition locations, dates and/or times for each round are subject to change and any changes will be broadcast on Station, posted on the Station website, http://www.937thefan.com, and will be reflected in updated rules.
2. To participate in the Audition and be selected for the possibility of hosting a program on the Station for a year, you may attempt to audition at any of five (5) On-site Auditions on the dates specified listed below:
ROUND 1 AUDITION DATES AND LOCATIONS:
Saturday, May 25, 2013 from 11:00AM until 1:00PM
Beer and Pop 4 Less
Suite 2, 1155 Washington Pike, Bridgeville, PA 15017
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 from 7:00PM until 9:00PM
Dad’s Pub and Grub
4320 Northern Pike, Monroeville, PA 15146
Thursday, June 6, 2013 from 4:00PM until 6:00PM
Medical Arts Building, 3710 5th Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213
Monday, June 10, 2013 from 7:00PM until 9:00PM
Joey D’s Bar and Grille
2801 Freeport Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15238
Wednesday, June 19, 2013 from 7:00PM until 9:00PM
Jergel’s Rhythm Grille
285 Northgate Drive, Warrendale, PA 15086
Station reserves the right to begin registering participants up to thirty 30 minutes prior to the announced times. The first twenty (20) people in line at each of the on-site auditions will each have an opportunity to be screened for a chance to audition. Thereafter, attendees are not guaranteed an audition regardless of whether or not they were in line prior to the announced audition times.
1. The Audition is open to all legal residents in the Pittsburgh Arbitron Metro area (i.e., Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Butler, Fayette, Greene, Indiana, Lawrence, Mercer, Washington, Westmoreland counties) who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Station, the Station’s licensee (collectively, “Promotion Entities”), their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, Station’s advertising and promotional agencies and participating sponsors and host venues, other radio stations in the Pittsburgh Metropolitan Area, the members of their immediate families (spouse, parent, sibling or child) and those living in the same household of each (whether related or not), are ineligible to audition or be selected. This Audition is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited. Entrants are responsible for complying with these Official Rules.
2. All semi-finalists and finalists may be required to provide valid government-issued photo identification and provide their complete address, date of birth and phone number to proceed to the next round or to be offered an employment agreement. Station may perform a standard CBS Radio background check on any semi-finalist or finalist. In the event a semi-finalist or finalist does not complete the necessary authorizations and otherwise cooperate with such background check, he or she will be disqualified. Additional reference material may also be required to be provided by finalists.
3. Each person who auditions is required to provide truthful information and Station will disqualify any individual that Station discovers to have provided false, misleading or fraudulent information. Station will disqualify any individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements.
4. Station intends to select approximately ten (10) semi-finalists from all auditions; however, the Station reserves the right to select more or fewer semi-finalists in its sole discretion. Station intends to select at least one (1) semi-finalist from each on-site audition location.
1. The individual(s) determined solely by members of Station’s management to be most deserving of an opportunity to host a weekly radio show on Station (the “Potential Employee”) as a temporary employee will each be provided the opportunity to enter into an employment agreement for up to one (1) year with Station (the “Agreement”) on terms and conditions as shall be determined by Station, in its sole discretion. The Agreement shall provide for Station’s right, but not obligation, to use the Potential Employee’s on-air services for a once-a-week radio program at such day and time as Station may from time to time designate and for the Potential Employee(s) to be paid a salary at the annual pre-tax rate of $13,624.00 (paid as $262.00 per shift). So long as the Agreement is not terminated for cause by Station, Station shall be obligated to pay the Potential Employee $13,624.00 (less any deductions or taxes required by law) regardless of whether or not Station elects to use the Potential Employee’s on-air services. The Agreement shall be subject to Station’s AFTRA Agreement and the Potential Employee will be required to join AFTRA and to pay union dues. If you have previously been expelled or suspended from AFTRA you may not be eligible to rejoin AFTRA and may be disqualified from being the Potential Employee. The Potential Employee will not be reimbursed for the expense of joining the union or for union dues and due to the number of hours to be worked at the Station, the Potential Employee will not be eligible to participate in any of Station’s or AFTRA’s health or other benefit plans. The Potential Employee will be solely responsible for all taxes and all other fees and expenses not specified herein associated with the Agreement and being selected as the Potential Employee. The Potential Employee will be responsible for following all of Station’s programming guidelines and other Station policies as directed by Station management. Selection as a Potential Employee in no way guarantees future employment.
2. The Potential Employee shall not have the right to substitute the opportunity to enter into the Agreement for any other item of value or for the cash equivalent and shall not have the right to transfer or assign the Agreement to any other individual or entity. The Potential Employee shall not be entitled to anything other than the item(s) listed above and except as expressly specified, shall not be reimbursed in connection with any taxes or expenses associated with being selected as the Potential Employee and/or entering into the Agreement. Other restrictions may apply.
SEMI-FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
- Round 1 On-Site Audition Procedures: Contestants will register on-site at a designated area with Station employees. Once registered, the participant will be handed a card with a predetermined topic written on it. The card will be given at random and the participant will have no prior knowledge to what it says.
- Contestants will be given up to two (2) minutes to rant about a sports topic found on the card (“Rant”) in front of designated members of Station’s staff (“Judges”). The Judge(s) will make a determination from Rants of who will advance to the Semi-Final Round. One (1) participant from each location will advance to the Semi-Final Round, and five (5) additional participants (“Wildcard”) will be selected from all Round 1 Auditions after the conclusion of the Round 1 Auditions. Contestants may be notified and invited to move on to the Semi-Final Round on the same day of the audition; however, the Station reserves the right to notify candidates at a later date. Wildcard participants will be notified at a later date. There is no guarantee that one or more Wildcards will be selected from any particular first round audition location.
FINALIST SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
1. Round 2 On-Site Audition Procedures: All semi-finalists chosen from the Round 1 Auditions (including Wildcards) will move on for an additional audition in the Semi-Final Round which will be held on:
Monday, June 24, 2013 from 7:00PM until 9:00PM
The Tilted Kilt
353 North Shore, Pittsburgh, PA
Semifinalists will be asked a variety of sports trivia and other sports lifestyle-related questions by one or more of the Station Judges. The Station Judges will determine four (4) finalists to advance to the Final Round.
2. Final Round Procedures : All finalists chosen by the Station Judges will join a station personality live for one segment (approximately 15 minutes) live on-air during a regularly scheduled broadcast, on:
Thursday, June 27, 2013 from 6:00PM until 10:00PM
Sidelines Bar and Grill
518 Locust Place, Sewickley, PA 15143
POTENTIAL EMPLOYEE SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION
1. Judging in each round will be based on suitability to perform the services of an on-air radio personality for a sports talk-radio station. The selection of the Potential Employee by Station Judges at the finals will be based on such suitability. The decisions of the Station Judges in each round of the Audition are final. The rules and procedures in each round are subject to change at Station’s sole and absolute discretion. Participants may be video recorded and/or photographed in any of the rounds of the Audition and your photograph and/or performance may appear on Station’s website or elsewhere without compensation to you. Failure to appear at any scheduled judging round (Round 2 or Final Round) may result in disqualification.
2. If the Potential Employee is ineligible, elects not to enter into the Agreement, fails to comply with the Agreement or is deemed unsuitable by Station to host a radio program on Station, Station may, but is not obligated to, select an alternative individual to be offered the Agreement.
3. Station has the right to choose runners-up to participate in any future round in the event that a semi-finalist or finalist selected is unable to participate or is disqualified. In such event, Station may, but is not obligated, to contact a runner-up to participate in the next round.
1. Payments of all federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of the Potential Employee. All amounts paid to the Potential Employee will be reported to the IRS. Prior to being offered the opportunity to enter into the Agreement, the Potential Employee will be required to complete and submit IRS Forms W-4, I-9 and such other paperwork required of Station’s new employees, including without limitation the obligation to provide the Potential Employee’s full Social Security Number .
2. By participating in the Audition, each participant agrees to have his or her name, voice and/or likeness used in any advertising or broadcasting material relating to the Audition without additional financial or other compensation, and, where legal, to sign a publicity release confirming such consent.
3. As part of the Agreement, Station, in its sole discretion, may require that the Potential Employee agree to release and hold harmless Station, its licensee, the licensee’s parent, subsidiary and affiliated entities, their respective officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives and all of their successors and assigns from and against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the Potential Employee’s participation in the Audition and entering into the Agreement.
4. If for any reason this Audition cannot be executed as planned, including, but not limited to, as a result of infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Station that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Audition, or if the Audition is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Station reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Audition. If the Audition is terminated before the original end date, Station reserves the right not to select a Potential Employee or to choose, in Station’s sole discretion, the Potential Employee from any of the participants prior to the termination.
5. Station, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the entry process or the operation of Station’s website. Failure to comply with the rules of the Audition may result in a participant’s disqualification and/or termination of employment with no further liability of Station to the Potential Employee. If Station makes a good faith determination that a participant has cheated or committed fraudulent activity in connection with a Audition, Station reserves the right to disqualify that participant from entering and/or winning future promotions and to prosecute and seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
6. Station reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the Audition, including, without limitation, providing the Potential Employee with merchandise, services and/or cash of equivalent value to the Agreement (i.e. $15,000), which will become effective upon announcement. If due to circumstances beyond the control of Station, any element of the Audition is delayed, rescheduled, postponed or cancelled, Station reserves the right, but not the obligation, to cancel, terminate, suspend, or modify the Audition and shall not be required to offer any participant the opportunity to enter into the Agreement or to provide merchandise, services or cash of comparable value.
7. Station is not responsible for typographical or other errors in the printing, the offering or the administration of the Audition or in the announcement of the Potential Employee.
8. For a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope for receipt by June 30 to the “The Next Fan Host” c/o 93.7 The Fan 651 Holiday Drive, Foster Plaza 5, Pittsburgh PA, 15220. The Official Rules and the identity of the Potential Employee (when the Audition is completed) shall also be available during regular business hours at the main offices of Station and may be posted online at http://www.937thefan.com
CBS Radio and KDKA-FM are Equal Opportunity Employers