CASTLE SHANNON (KDKA) — A man in his early 30’s was found dead inside a home in Castle Shannon Tuesday evening.
It’s the same McRoberts Road home where firefighters found dangerously high levels of natural gas in the basement.
Jeremy Emph, a second lieutenant in the Castle Shannon Volunteer Fire Department, says it’s unclear whether the man’s death was related to the high levels of gas. Police say the man had numerous health problems.
The man’s roommate found the victim, whose name has not been released. It’s unclear whether the roommate had just come home or had been in the house for a while, but he was not sickened.
Firefighters say the man was found on the second floor of the home, which was clear of natural gas when firefighters arrived. However, they say they found explosive levels of natural gas in the basement of the home. The cause of the leak has not been identified.
Firefighters checked neighboring homes for gas, but found no problems.