GARARDS FORT (KDKA) – Firefighters battled a blaze at a Greene County pellet company early Sunday morning.

According to the Carmichaels Volunteer Fire Department, the fire broke out at the Greene Team Pellet Fuel Company in the 100-block of Carmichaels Road in Garards Fort around 3 a.m.

Fire officials believe an equipment failure caused a hopper on the roof of the building to catch on fire.

The company manufactures wooden pellets for pellet stoves.

The extent of the damage is unknown at this time.

Stay With For More Details


More Local News
More Greene County News

Watch & Listen LIVE