CARROLL TOWNSHIP (KDKA) – A family was able to escape injury in an early Saturday morning house fire in Washington County.

According to officials at the scene, the fire broke out at a home on Haywood Street in Carroll Township around 5 a.m.

The man who lives there tells KDKA that he lit a candle last night and it started a fire on a bed that quickly spread to the rest of the house.

All of the residents in the home were able to get out safely and firefighters rescued the family dog.

“They wouldn’t let me go back in,” said Bob Hufford, one of the people living in the home. “I was talking to the fire chief; next thing I know, he comes walking in with my dog. I was so happy.”

Firefighters from Valley Inn, Carroll Township and Monongahela responded to the blaze.


More Local News
More Washington County News

Watch & Listen LIVE