WILMERDING (KDKA) — Crews knocked down a fire at a vacant house on Caldwell Street in Wilmerding.

The former tenants were evicted from the house several months ago and the utilities have been shut off. No one is living there.

READ MORE: Allegheny County Council To Meet To Continue Discussion Of Independent Police Review Board

However, people were working on the house.

The fire smoldered at first and it was tough to see the smoke at night.

READ MORE: City Of Monessen Holding 2nd City-Wide Cleanup And Recycling Drop Off

“I saw smoke and I didn’t think it was anything at first – I thought it was just someone was burning [something] in the back of the backyard … then I saw flames and called 911,” Nick Stewart said.

Firefighters arrived within five minutes. They were returning from the Winchester Room restaurant fire on Route 30 in North Versailles.

No one was hurt. The home will be a total loss.

MORE NEWS: Man In Stable Condition Following Shooting In Carrick

RELATED LINKS
More Local News
More Wilmerding News