BALDWIN (KDKA) — A firefighter was injured while battling a house fire in Baldwin Borough Saturday night.

The blaze broke out in the 3000-block of Churchview Avenue.

READ MORE: Paperless Ticketing Leads To Long Lines Outside Heinz Field Ahead Of Steelers Game

According to reports from the scene, heavy flames and smoke could be seen coming from the house just before 10 p.m.

Officials say the firefighter was injured when he fell through a floor while battling the blaze.

READ MORE: Longtime Fire Chief Kevin Peters Passes Away After Battle With Pancreatic Cancer

He is not seriously hurt. He was reportedly conscious and alert when he was taken to the hospital.

There is no word yet on what sparked the fire.

Stay with KDKA for the latest details.

MORE NEWS: 'We're Ready To Go': Steelers Fans Thrilled At The Chance To Tailgate, Watch Home Game At Heinz Field

RELATED LINKS:
More News from Baldwin
More Local News