HARRISVILLE (KDKA) — A stubborn fire started, punctuated by propane tank explosion, and destroyed a home in northern Butler County Tuesday night.

The house was located at 209 West Mercer street in the borough of Harrisville.

READ MORE: Kennywood's 'Choose The Color' Contest For The Phantom's Revenge Winner Revealed

Fire chief Steve Bickel said the blaze started when 16-year old boy tried to cook on a barbeque grill on the side porch of the house. The fire quickly got out of control and spread throughout the house.

READ MORE: Millvale Police Looking For Two Suspects Accused Of Stealing No Parking Signs And Flags

Firefighters from at least 18 volunteer companies from Bulter, Venango, Lawrence and Mercer counties were called to the scene. Water had to be trucked in from as much as five miles away near Grove City, as there aren’t fire hydrants in Harrisville.

Everyone made it out of the house safely, including pets. The family lost virtually everything.

MORE NEWS: Greene County Getting Federal Grant To Improve Broadband Internet Infrastructure

RELATED LINKS
More News
More Local News