MOUNT WASHINGTON (KDKA) – Three children were able to safely escape a fire in a Mount Washington duplex Sunday morning.

According to officials, the fire broke out in the 400-block block of Natchez Street.

READ MORE: Police: Central Catholic High School No Longer At Risk For Threat After Arrest Made Following Social Media Comments

Smoke could be seen coming from the rear of the building when firefighters arrived at the scene.

The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen.

A teenager was inside with her sister and brother when the fire started.

READ MORE: Funeral Arrangements Made For Pittsburgh Police Sergeant Richard Howe

“My brother called me down and he said it was on fire and I tried to put it out, but then I just left because it was too big,” Taiona Hamilton said.

Firefighters were able to keep the fire from spreading to any neighboring structures.

Additional crews were called in because of the heat, but there are no reports of any injuries.

RELATED LINKS

MORE NEWS: 'Everybody Loved Him'; Rennerdale Community Comes Together To Celebrate Life Of Louis Vignone, Postal Worker Shot, Killed In Collier Township

More Local News
More Mt. Washington News