SWISSVALE (KDKA) — Firefighters rescued two dogs Saturday afternoon from a burning home in Swissvale.

The flames erupted at a home in the 2300-block of Woodstock Street.

READ MORE: Man Being Charged After Stabbing His Boss During A Meeting

The owners weren’t home when the fire started.

The fire caused serious damage to the upper floors of the home.

READ MORE: Pennsylvania Ranked In Top 10 Most Generous States

“The second floor is pretty well gutted, as well as it made up into the attic,” said Chief Clyde Wilhelm, of the Swissvale Fire Department. “There weren’t any injuries, and no firefighters were injured, and obviously, there were no occupants.”

There’s no word on the conditions of the dogs that were saved.

MORE NEWS: Raising Cane's Chicken Tenders Reportedly Coming To Pittsburgh

RELATED LINKS:
More Swissvale News
More Local News