PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Impress your friends at your next football-watch party with this recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Turkey Burgers with Creole Gravy in the Heinz Red Zone!READ MORE: Bear Sighted In Lincoln-Lemington, Pa. Game Commission Called In
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone Recipe”: Turkey Burgers with Creole GravyREAD MORE: Mister Rogers Former Home In Squirrel Hill Goes Up For Sale
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Ingredients:MORE NEWS: State Courts Warn Of Phone Scam Pretending To Be 'Administrative Office Of Pa. Courts'
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced green peppers
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) fire roasteddiced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 jar (12 oz.) Heinz® HomeStyle Turkey Gravy
- 3 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 package (16 oz.) Butterball® Fresh All Natural Turkey Burger Patties
- 4 slice diagonally sliced warm french bread
- For creole Gravy, melt butter in a 2-quart saucepan on medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently.
- Stir in peppers, onions and celery. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomatoes, gravy, Cajun seasoning and Worcestershire sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, spray medium skillet with cooking spray. Heat on medium heat. Add turkey burgers. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning half way through cooking time until burgers reach an internal temperature of 165 degress F.
- For each serving, place 1 slice of bread on a plate. Top with cooked burger and some of the creole gravy.