McKEESPORT (KDKA) — A two-alarm fire broke out Thursday night in a four-unit, two-story apartment complex in McKeesport.

It happened in the 1100-block of Ohio Street.

Everybody got out of the building safely.

The Red Cross says it’s helping with food, clothing and shelter for four tenants.

Lynn Dorsey, who lives in the second-floor apartment where the fire started, says she opened the door to her bedroom and her oxygen tank seemed to be on fire.

Dorsey told KDKA-TV, “I just thank God I’m safe, and so is my grandson, who was also in the apartment at the time.”

There were no injuries.

The Allegheny County Fire Marshal was on the scene investigating.

More McKeesport News
More Local News