If you are looking for some new recipes, but are on a diet, be sure to try out these from the Weight Watchers 50th Anniversary Cookbook!
Shake-in-the Bag Chicken
Serves 4 PPV per serving: 6 (1 breast half)
- 2/3 cup cornflake crumbs
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¾ tsp onion powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 bone in chicken breast halves, skinned (about 2 pounds)
1. Preheat oven to 400. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Combine the cornflake crumbs, flour, paprika, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and cumin in large zip close plastic bag. Shake the bag to evenly coat the chicken to the baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces; discard any remaining coating mixture.
3. Bake until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the each breast registers 165 degrees, 35-40 minutes.
Serves 4 PPV: 2 (1 ½ cups)
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon reduced fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons white wine or cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 small (1-pound) green cabbage, shredded 4 cups
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 1 small onion, minced (optional)
Whisk together mayo, vinegar, and yogurt. Oil, mustard, sugar, celery seeds, salt and pepper in a large non-reactive bowl. Add the cabbage, carrots and onion, if using, to the bowl; toss to coat evenly. Serve at once, or cover and refrigerate up to 3 hours (add the onion just before serving).
Swingin’ Sixties Cheese Dip
Puree 6 tablespoons fat free cottage cheese, 1 tablespoon fat free milk, and ½ clove garlic in a blender until smooth. Season with salt, paprika, and Worcestershire sauce. PPV: 1