PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Police have arrested the third suspect accused in the stabbing of Steeler Mike Adams.

Police say that 26-year-old Jerrell Whitlock has been arrested in Gainesville, Fla.

READ MORE: Pittsburgh Weather: Roller Coaster Of Conditions Ahead

When Marshals in Gainsville went to arrest Whitlock, he tried to run and was Tased by police.

Police had said earlier in the investigation that they believed Whitlock was in Columbia County, Fla., but officials said Friday that they had learned he had arrived in Gainesville from Jacksonville. Whitlock’s sister allegedly checked him and his girlfriend into a hotel under her name June 11.

Two other suspects were arrested, Michael Paranay and Dquay Means June 3, two days after Adams was stabbed during an attempted carjacking on the South Side.

Surveillance video helped police track down the suspects.

The video was taken from a South Side business. It shows the moments after Steelers right tackle Mike Adams was stabbed during an attempted carjacking at 17th and E. Carson Street in the early morning of June 1.

READ MORE: Body Of 25-Year-Old Thomas Hughes Found In Ohio River

Pittsburgh Police say the 23-year-old was standing near his parked car around 3 a.m. when three men confronted him. One had a gun, the other a knife.

Adams, who didn’t have his keys on him, says one man then pointed a gun at his head, while another man stabbed his stomach and arm.

“Mike don’t do anything to them all,” said Moeun McSwiggen who helped Adams. “All he do is like, is this for real?”

McSwiggen was working at the nearby Cambod-Ican Kitchen when Adams, a regular customer there, rushed into the store and asked for help.

Adams told police that after the stabbing, the men ran off.

After the incident, Adams was taken to UPMC Mercy Hospital where he underwent surgery. His recovery was expected to take about six weeks.

MORE NEWS: Multiple People Injured In Rt. 65 Crash Near McKees Rocks Bridge

More reports on this case
More Local News