PULASKI TOWNSHIP (KDKA) — Fire officials in Lawrence County say a blaze that broke out at a home this morning in Pulaski Township appears to have been electrical in nature.

Heavy smoke could reportedly be seen coming from the roof of the home in the 1500-block of Marr Road.

READ MORE: Pitt Panthers 'Peach Bowl Bound,' Playing Against Michigan State

According to the fire chief, the woman who lives in the home was able to get out safely. However, she ran back inside for her pets.

She was able to rescue two of her cats, but there’s no word if two other cats and two dogs were able to make it out.

The fire chief says the fire started in the lower back of the house.

READ MORE: Local Kids Battling Illness Featured In Nonprofit's Superhero Calendar

Some plastic pipes inside the home burst due to the intense heat from the fire. The water from those pipes put out some of the flames.

Firefighters put out the rest of the fire.

Stay with KDKA for more on this developing story.

MORE NEWS: Diversified Energy Donates 200 Coats To Kids In Washington County

More Pulaski Township News
More Lawrence County News