PITTSBURGH (KDKA) — Impress your friends at your next tailgating party with this recipe from Rania Harris!
This week on the Steelers Huddle, Rania is making Neville Island Chili Cheese Dogs in the Heinz Red Zone!READ MORE: Driver Entrapped In Dump Truck Rollover Crash In Collier Township
Don’t forget to tune into the Steelers Huddle show each Saturday after the 11 p.m. news on KDKA-TV for more of Rania’s recipes!
STEELERS HUDDLE “Heinz Red Zone” recipe:
- 2 pounds ground sirloin beef
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 16-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 cup Heinz® Tomato Ketchup
- 1/4 cup chili powder (or more to taste)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 15-ounce cans red kidney beans, partially drained
- 18 4 ounce all beef hot dogs
- 18 hot dog buns, top split
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Vidalia onion, finely diced
In a large pot, cook ground sirloin in vegetable oil until browned. Add onions and green pepper and brown lightly.READ MORE: COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Nearly 70 Inmates And Staff At Allegheny County Jail Infected
Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, Heinz® Tomato Ketchup, chili powder, salt and pepper. Simmer, uncovered for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add kidney beans and simmer an additional 15 minutes.
Working in batches, grill the hot dogs, turning occasionally, until lightly blistered and warmed through, about 8 minutes per batch. Transfer to a platter.
Working in batches, place the hot dog buns, cut sides down, grill until lightly toasted, about 1 minute per batch. Place the hot dogs inside the buns.
Top each hot dog with about ¼ cup chili and sprinkle with the cheese and onion.
Serve immediately.MORE NEWS: 'We've Been Trying To Reach You:' Robocalls Soar During Pandemic, How To Avoid Them