Chef Bill Fuller stopped by PTL today to show off another fantastic recipe that you can easily make in your own home!
Olive Oil Poached Tuna, White Beans, Pesto, RapiniREAD MORE: City Of Pittsburgh Closing Rialto Street So Crews Can Repair Steps
- 1 # Cannellini beans
- 2 ½ qt. Light stock
- 1 ea. Lemons, sliced
- 1 ea. Fresh bay leaf
- 2 # #1 Tuna, sliced into logs
- 1-2 C. Olive Oil
- ½ bu. Rapini, washed and cut into small sprigs.
- 2-3 ea. Cloves sliced garlic
- Shaved Parmesan.
- Salt and pepper
1. Start beans cooking at least 2 hours prior. Place beans in a pot with stock, bring to a boil, and simmer low until tender. Reserve.
2. Make Pesto.
3. Place lemons and bay leaf in a shallow pot with a tight fitting lid. Place tuna atop lemons and bay leaf. Add olive oil to just cover.
4. Bring oil up to a delicate simmer. Cover with lid and allow to cook for about 15 minutes.
5. Remove immediately from the heat when done.
6. While tuna is cooking, sauté rapini with sliced garlic, red pepper flakes, and a little more olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.READ MORE: State Police Arrest 20-Year-Old Wanted For Arson, Domestic Assault
7. Stir pesto into beans, place on plate.
8. Slice tuna logs into thick slices. Place atop beans
9. Place rapini around.
- 3 ea. Cloves garlic
- 1/4 Tbs. Pine nuts
- 2 C. Arugula
- About ¼ to ½ C. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ C. Grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel garlic, smash with side of your knife. Roughly chop and place in blender.
2. Add pine nuts and arugula. Puree.
3. While pureeing, drizzle in olive oil. Stir in Parmesan.MORE NEWS: Carnegie Mellon University Reminding Students They Must Be Vaccinated For Upcoming Semester
4. Season to taste.