If you’re looking for some delicious new recipes to try, be sure to look at these two from Rania Harris!
Mixed Berries with Mascarpone Lemoncello Cream
- 3/4 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- ½ 8-ounce container mascarpone cheese
- 3 tablespoons plus ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lemoncello (lemon liqueur)
- 8 cups assorted fresh berries (such as raspberries, blueberries, blackberries, and hulled sliced strawberries; about 2 pounds)
- ¾ cup raspberry preserves
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
Combine whipping cream, mascarpone, 3 tablespoons sugar, and lemoncello in large bowl. Beat until soft peaks form.
Combine all berries, raspberry preserves, lemon peel, and remaining ½ cup sugar in another large bowl; toss gently. Divide berry mixture among 8 cups. Top with mascarpone cream.
Serves: 8READ MORE: Fire Breaks Out At St. Vladimir Ukrainian Church In Arnold
Wild Mushroom Lasagna
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 medium shallots, minced
- 2 pounds wild mushrooms, such as chanterelle, stemmed shiitake and oyster, caps thickly sliced
- Freshly ground white pepper
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 12 ounces fresh lasagna sheets
- 1 pound Taleggio cheese, rind removed and cheese cut into 1/2-inch cubes
Preheat the oven to 350° and lightly butter a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. In a large, deep skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter in the oil. Add the shallots and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are browned, about 18 minutes. Add the wine and boil until evaporated, about 1 minute. Add 2 cups of the cream and bring to a boil. Simmer over moderate heat until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, in a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the lasagna sheets until barely al dente. Fill a large bowl with ice water. Drain the sheets and immediately transfer them to the ice water to cool. Drain and pat dry.
Arrange one-fourth of the lasagna sheets in the prepared baking dish. Top with one-third of the mushroom mixture and one-fourth of the Taleggio cubes. Repeat this layering twice more, ending with a layer of pasta. Brush with the remaining 2 tablespoons of cream and scatter the remaining Taleggio cubes on top.MORE NEWS: North Hills Special Response Team Hosts Toys For Tots Drive
Cover the lasagna very loosely with buttered parchment paper and bake in the upper third of the oven for 15 minutes. Remove the parchment paper and bake for about 15 minutes longer, until the top is golden in spots. Cover loosely and let rest for 15 minutes before serving.