GLASSPORT (KDKA) — A family overcome by carbon monoxide Wednesday night in Glassport is okay, but the property manager may face charges, after it was discovered the house was never inspected.

Natalie Henderson returned Thursday to the home where her children suffered carbon monoxide poisoning. She met with borough officials and the property manager.

READ MORE: 1 Juvenile Dead, 1 Injured After Shooting In Pittsburgh's Marshall-Shadeland Neighborhood

“He was just apologizing up and down,” said Henderson.

At least three of Henderson’s four children had to be treated for carbon monoxide poisoning just two days after she moved into the residence.

Glassport Borough Council President Dave Kowalski says the family should not have been allowed to move in.

“There is no electricity upstairs, and when they turned the water on, it was leaking. And they gave her permission to move into this house,” said Kowalski.

READ MORE: Pittsburgh Man Benjamin Fleming Pleads Not Guilty To Manslaughter After Deadly Hawaii Vacation Fight

Borough officials say the home was purchased by an absentee landlord, who now lives in Israel, and was being managed by a company called Pittsburgh Capital Investments. The owners and management never sought a permit and never had the home inspected, meaning they will likely face fines from the borough.

“Because they failed to get the occupants the proper, you know, the permits, you know for the last transfer to property to title,” said Stephen Volpe, the building inspector.

“We will leave no stone unturned, we will find what’s going on,” said Glassport Mayor Rosemary Bradley.

Mother, Children Overcome By Suspected Carbon Monoxide In Glassport (3/19/14)
More Glassport News
More Reports by Bob Allen

MORE NEWS: Pittsburgh Police Warn Of Severe Consequences For Roaming Packs Of Off-Road Vehicles

Join The Conversation On The KDKA Facebook Page
Stay Up To Date, Follow KDKA On Twitter