DORMONT (KDKA)- You can help your pooch cool off this Labor Day by taking a dip in the Dormont Pool.
The annual “Doggy Dip” starts at 4:00 p.m. today. Small Dog Session runs from 4:00-5:00 p.m. An All Dog Session will be held from 5:15-6:30 p.m. And there is a session for Large Dogs, it will beheld from 6:45-8:00 p.m.READ MORE: 'We've Missed Our Guests So Much:' Theaters Reopening In The Cultural District Brings Sense Of Normalcy
The Dormont Pool is in the 1800 block of Dormont Avenue.
Rules for Dog Swim
- Online Pre- Registration cost $25 per dog per session
- Same Day Registration cost $35 per dog per session (If session
hasn’t maxed out)
- One dog per one human owner
- Each dog must have a separate registration form filled out
- Your dog may be released from their leash upon entering the pool
deck area, but your dog must remain under your control at all times.
- DOG GUARDS will be on deck to maintain control. If dog seems out
of control a leash will be required for your dog, or you will be askedREAD MORE: The Search For Kodiak, The National Aviary's Steller's Sea Eagle, Continued On Sunday
to remove your dog from the pool area
- Please do not use the “big blue” water slide
- Be courteous to other guests and clean up your dog’s “accidents”
- Female dogs in season are not allowed
- Do not bring dogs with health issues that may cause them harm
- Children under 16 must have adult supervision
- Humans are not allowed in the pool in water above their knees
- Do not bring outside food or drinks (pet or human) in the pool area
- Thank you for participating, have a great time!
For more information, visit www.wpahumane.org
All proceeds benefit the WPA Humane Society and the Borough of Dormont.
MORE NEWS: Son Of Carnegie Mellon University President, Thomas Jahanian, Dies After Being Pulled From Monongahela River