PITTSBURGH (93-7 The FAN) – In a poll of ACC media members, the Pitt basketball team was selected to finish sixth out of 15 schools at the second Atlantic Coast Conference Operation Basketball preseason media day.
Ahead of Pitt in the preseason media poll was:
- Duke (935 points, 41 first place votes)
- North Carolina (870 points, 12 first place votes)
- Louisville (847 points, 3 first place votes)
- Virginia (824 points, 7 first place votes)
- Syracuse (706 points, 2 first place votes)
This is the second consecutive year the Panthers were picked to finish sixth in the preseason poll.
Last year, Pitt finished fifth in the ACC conference.
Pitt’s season tips off as they host Indiana, Pa., in their first exhibition game on Friday, Oct. 31 at the Peterson Events Center.